• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If their issue is with HawkEye, surely we can have DRS-lite to be used for correcting mistakes made with caught behind decisions/lbws given where the batsman has hit it or the ball has pitched outside leg stump?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Impossible to take anything Shri says remotely seriously whilever he has that appalling avatar.

Actually, impossible to take him seriously at the best of times.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Are people suggesting Harbhajan throws his stock ball, or just his doosra? If its his doosra, can't for the life of me remember the last time he bowled it.

Not sure if he's ever been warned for it though.

If he's chucking it he's the worst chucker ever, because he's been getting less and less spin lately.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
HA HA HA...ALL ARE JEALOUS OF INDIAN POWER NOW..WHEN IN 1974, RULE WERE BENT TO NEGATE INDIAN SPINNERS BY ENGLISH AND AUSSIE AUTHORITIES..NOT MORE THAN 4 SPINNERS WERE ALLOWED ON LEG SIDE ..WHY DINT PEOPLE RISE UP AGAINST THE WHITE AUTHORITIES?
wtf lol

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Agree that BCCI is being a stupid bully about this whole thing, but saying it is because they are scared of Swann is being deliberately obtuse.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think it's like Derek Pringle said; they object just because they can.

I actually think that if no one else wanted it the BCCI would be its staunchest advocates.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Indians running scared of English spin
:laugh::laugh:

I love it. English media are such great value both when England are ****e and when they're even remotely not.

In other news, Aussies fearing the legacy of Bradman now that KP has scored a run. And new sources suggest that BCCI have framed Stanford just to thumb their noses at the proper home of cricket, quite possibly due to that anti colonial sentiment.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
HA HA HA...ALL ARE JEALOUS OF INDIAN POWER NOW..WHEN IN 1974, RULE WERE BENT TO NEGATE INDIAN SPINNERS BY ENGLISH AND AUSSIE AUTHORITIES..NOT MORE THAN 4 SPINNERS WERE ALLOWED ON LEG SIDE ..WHY DINT PEOPLE RISE UP AGAINST THE WHITE AUTHORITIES?
I long for the good old days when you could have 5 spinners on the leg side.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think it's like Derek Pringle said; they object just because they can.

I actually think that if no one else wanted it the BCCI would be its staunchest advocates.
Take the most anti establishment hippy you know. Then take the exact opposite. And that's the BCCI. It's not a great mystery why the BCCI opposes it - it's because SRT and Dhoni are being Luddites and they simply don't want to come out against the two popular players in the Indian team (not to mention that one is the captain). There is no conspiracy theory against Swann or anyone else.