• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
:laugh::laugh:

I love it. English media are such great value both when England are ****e and when they're even remotely not.

In other news, Aussies fearing the legacy of Bradman now that KP has scored a run. And new sources suggest that BCCI have framed Stanford just to thumb their noses at the proper home of cricket, quite possibly due to that anti colonial sentiment.
In all fairness, whilst he is English, Amol Rajan is about as far removed from a headbanging little Englander as one could imagine.

I don't buy any link between Swann and the BCCI's recalcitrance at all, but his is the first mention I've heard of it in our cricketing media, so it's not a widely held opinion.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In all fairness, whilst he is English, Amol Rajan is about as far removed from a headbanging little Englander as one could imagine.

I don't buy any link between Swann and the BCCI's recalcitrance at all, but his is the first mention I've heard of it in our cricketing media, so it's not a widely held opinion.
Oh I don't know him I particular but english media in the 90s was so doomsdayish that it was pretty funny. And now it's so opposite that it's also funny. Everything in moderation hey.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's merely the best at it. It takes skill to do that while still hiding behind a veneer of impartial professionalism. In india, you could just tell it's trash.

Bun

Banned
hahaha seriously are we so out of controversies that we have to rely on the udrs issue for the umpteenth time?

that article is a joke, esp where the author infers indian's fear for swann is reason behind opposition to udrs :laugh: **** me, they have showed their backs to udrs since 08. and if anything, the way swann has been treated by indians before this is good enough proof of how they consider him.

and for the nth time, test cricket survived and prospered for a century and quarter without udrs. agree, it's a wonderful addition to the game, but it aoin't as if the game becomes meaningless without it. the on going WI series so far is good enough proof of that.

making a mountain of a molehill really. sad to see such articles appearing in a respected paper like independent.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty much a cheerleading article cloaked in an anti-BCCI rant for their pig-headed stance, which is fair enough. The two cricinfo articles that recently appeared have already covered all this ground in much more detail.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think it was just written to stir up the comments section and get more hits. Writer probably doesn't mean what he wrote.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
it articulates my thoughts rather well
It articulates your thoughts? You think India are avoiding the UDRS because of Swann?

he Indians' refusal to submit to DRS is born of fear that it will favour England's bowling attack more than their own. I trust English fans are sensitive to the irony of Indians running scared of English spin.

That's some fair rubbish there.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't agree with that bit. I didn't say I agreed with everything it said. I said it articulated my thoughts well. Which it does, in that I feel BCCI is a bully and that the lack of use of DRS is pathetic and childish.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think most agree with that, and there have been many more balanced articles saying as such I'd have thought.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It makes sense though don't you see? They've avoided UDRS in every series theyve played just because they knew eventually they'd have to play Swann and so they'd have an excuse. It's actually brilliant.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well they didn't want to make it obvious by using the UDRS in all other series and then saying no when they came up against Swann.

So 3 years ago they took a stand against it knowing this day would come.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well they didn't want to make it obvious by using the UDRS in all other series and then saying no when they came up against Swann.

So 3 years ago they took a stand against it knowing this day would come.
It's actually quite brilliant and showcases an impressive amount of foresight and planning.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The thing is though, although Swann isn't their motive it is something which will definitely benefit them in this series. it's fair to bemoan the fact regardless of their intentions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Then the article should make that point resonably, or at least in not a provocative way.

The minute you make a thread on this forum to link everyone to an article with such an outrageous claim you have to expect people to respond rubbishing it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The thing is though, although Swann isn't their motive it is something which will definitely benefit them in this series. it's fair to bemoan the fact regardless of their intentions.
Except the article implied they don't want UDRS because of Swann, not merely that Swann gets a benefit from UDRS.

Last edited: