• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Discussion Thread for American Samoa Friendly**

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:
congrats ato all the players picked eps my dynamo team mates, gutted that i was not picked in the side but i guess i will just have to try harder.

can i ask the powers, will the 20 man squad change at all or is this final.so do i need to keep playing well or just throw my hands up and accept defeat for international selection.
As i said in the post when the side was announced.. This Squad is the likely squad that players for the American Samoa game will be select from. HOWEVER, that doesnt mean that players outside the squad cant be picked with some impressive performances...

Also With another international later in the season there will be more chances for players to make the team...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
As i said in the post when the side was announced.. This Squad is the likely squad that players for the American Samoa game will be select from. HOWEVER, that doesnt mean that players outside the squad cant be picked with some impressive performances...

Also With another international later in the season there will be more chances for players to make the team...

ok cool.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to make note... A few people have asked me whether the players selected for International duty will be stood down from Club duty at all...

Yes they will, Any player selected in the final 16 will be stood down from games in Round 8 to ensure no suspensions and injuries.. Fitness and suspension clear they will be free to return for Round 9...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
Just to make note... A few people have asked me whether the players selected for International duty will be stood down from Club duty at all...

Yes they will, Any player selected in the final 16 will be stood down from games in Round 8 to ensure no suspensions and injuries.. Fitness and suspension clear they will be free to return for Round 9...
Hmmm, club vs country

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Cricketweb FA Today announced the side for the innaugural International fixture against American Samoa.

The side to be led by Swell captain Kev Gough looks very strong and is sure to give the American Samoan's plenty to think about..

"We believe this squad can do the job" An FA Member said today.
The Starting side and formation will be left to Captain Kev Gough to determine.

The Lucky men in the squad were Darren Dubb-Lynch and George Roberts who were both suspended after round 7 but will be available for the International due to missing Round 8 league fixtures whilst the unlucky man was Swell defender Neil Pickup who was in the original side but due to a 2 game suspension will be unavailable. Pickup will however be available to return for the Swell in Round 9 due to missing Round 8 and the International fixture.

The Full Squad is as follows:

Keepers:

B Donald(NOR)
K Wright(SOU)

Defenders:

B Goff(EAS)
D Rai(WES)
S Fitzsimmons(EAS)
J Gray(WES)
D Dubb_Lynch(CEN)

Midfielders:

N Hoy(EAS)- Vice Captain
D Richards(ISL)
A Chaulk(SOU)
Z Gelman(CEN)
A Cloete(NOR)
G Roberts(WES)

Strikers:

D Kennett(WES)
K Gough(ISL)- Captain
N Dravid(EAS)

Note to all Club captains all players selected in this match will be unavailable for Round 8 Matches..

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well done to the players in the side. Especially good luck to Wright and Chaulky. If you get a game, Kyle, you won't know what to do with yourself with a proper defence in front of you!

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done all those selected :)

Hope you do the Fury proud Hoy, Goff, Fitzy & Dravid :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
American Samoan side for International friendly against Cricketweb

GK: Matthew Lowe
DL: Ashley Guest
DR: Craig Ward
DC: Nuwala Kilsila
DC: Ronald Mace
ML: Nimalo Pilsaka
MR: Paul Alleno
MC: Hawa Mikalowa
MC: George Falatu (C)
ST: Philip Maun
ST: Kawa Luwatiti

SUBS:

Malvin Hogan (GK)
Netan Stewart (DEF)
Abdulai Goodlad (DEF)
Dante Skarz (DEF/MID)
Craig Quarm (MID)
Johnson Sainsbury (MID)
Ia Goodliffe (ST)

oz_fan

International Regular
Suprised to make the squad. Good luck to everybody selcted, hopefully we'll do CW proud.