• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well today was rather better, hope Ervine's injury is not serious, great effort on his part either way.

91Jmay

International Coach
Would anyone else consider Chris Nash for England? I have always been a massive fan of his as a player, really quality all around cricketer. Heck of a start to the year and whilst he only averages 39 in FC cricket and is 32 I just can't really explain why I like him as a player so much.

91Jmay

International Coach
Two away draws with reasonable batting/bowling point contributions is pretty solid going to start the year, especially after the weather shagged us in the first game and this seems like a dead pitch.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Now Fidel Edwards is injured, unbelievable.
Broken ankle. That won't be a quick recovery. Injury Update on Fidel Edwards · The Ageas Bowl

With him and Topley long term injuries you'd think Hampshire will be looking at loan signings for their bowling. Will be tough to find anyone good with first division clubs unlikely to want to help a competing team, and second division clubs weak as it is. I suppose you might get Yorkshire to loan someone out given that Yorkshire will likely be at the top, and Hampshire bottom of the table. Fisher would be a great loan signing.

FBU

International Debutant
Broken ankle. That won't be a quick recovery. Injury Update on Fidel Edwards · The Ageas Bowl

With him and Topley long term injuries you'd think Hampshire will be looking at loan signings for their bowling. Will be tough to find anyone good with first division clubs unlikely to want to help a competing team, and second division clubs weak as it is. I suppose you might get Yorkshire to loan someone out given that Yorkshire will likely be at the top, and Hampshire bottom of the table. Fisher would be a great loan signing.
Currently playing in a 2nd XI game v Lancs. 8-5-7-2. Jordan Clarke 9-0-65-0 :)

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Christ Clark, theres a name I forgot was on our books. Somehow managed to bag a few T20 wickets and is now an all rounder. Managed a golden duck in the seconds game too!

Sadly Smudger opened the batting but didn't bowl in either innings, i'm guessing the back issues haven't gone away. Shame as we need a decent all round option (obligatory Procter is **** caveat to every post I'm making in this thread this season)

cpr

International Coach
Notable that Fisher hasn't bowled in the 2nd innings in that game, conspicuous in his absence?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yeah I would be surprised if they find anyone, maybe some random Kolpak. Would be happy with high scoring draws through this first part of the season and then hope we win games in the latter part of the season, especially of spin can play a part. Crane might get a game at least.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
why didn't clint mckay play more for australia in tests?

saw him live earlier in the week and sweet zombie jesus he is skilful. i mean in the early part of the decade their pace bowling attack was absolute dog ****. was this when he was crocked a lot?

Last edited: