• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they get absolutely destroyed in first few tests I wonder if he comes back to play Lords. (Not predicting they will get destroyed though).
I am. Even if it was being played in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka have been terrible lately, and England have been excellent.

vcs

I am. Even if it was being played in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka have been terrible lately, and England have been excellent.
Agree, apart from Chameera, who is still pretty raw, there is precious little to get optimistic about if you are a Sri Lanka fan. They have a big "wheel of mediocrity" going on with their new crop of batsmen.. Karunaratne, Silva, Mendis, Tharanga, Thirimanne, Perera.. all so meh. I mean, Chandimal's the best of the lot and he's pretty brainless at times.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Agree, apart from Chameera, who is still pretty raw, there is precious little to get optimistic about if you are a Sri Lanka fan. They have a big "wheel of mediocrity" going on with their new crop of batsmen.. Karunaratne, Silva, Mendis, Tharanga, Thirimanne, Perera.. all so meh. I mean, Chandimal's the best of the lot and he's pretty brainless at times.
I cannot wait for the Lord's bouncer war.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Tres in form - I believe England are looking for a decent opening bat .............................

91Jmay

International Coach
Clarke's ton looks really, really impressive. 3 tons (at least) before he is 20. Some good young players coming through.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Surrey into the tail already. Van der Mervwe at 5? Suppose the poor 5,6,7 are balanced out by the good 8-11.

Be a surprise if there is any result this week in any of these games.

flibbertyjibber

Clarke's ton looks really, really impressive. 3 tons (at least) before he is 20. Some good young players coming through.
There are, trouble is we appear to have an excellent crop aged 20 or less but not many aged 21-24 which is a shame.

91Jmay

International Coach
Vince, Browne, Burns would be the batsmen in that category (or around that category). Hardly inspiring names to be honest, aside from maybe Vince.

Loads of talented young bats coming through: Duckett, Lawrence, Clarke, Donald to name but a few. Bowling stocks look dry though, has to be said.

Pothas

There are, trouble is we appear to have an excellent crop aged 20 or less but not many aged 21-24 which is a shame.
Is often the case though, realistically a lot of people that look great at 20 fall away, and then you get quite a few who are decent at 24 but then really develop a couple of years later.

Pothas

Also you have Root, Stokes, Bairstow (a little bit older but not far off), that are in that age group, but are already established internationals.

grecian

Arthur's brother Chris must be coming into contention to be chewed up and spat out as opener.