• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ton or nowt at Headingley, is it?

Noted England international Adil Rashid goes out to join noted England international Bairstow at the crease.

cpr

International Coach
I'd love to see his neme on Lancs teamsheet - losing a wicket before we get a run may have been expected but still depressing - will we survive until the close?

Hameed seems to have the knack of not scoring runs down to a tee. 3 scoring shots of 50 balls.

Shudder to see Procter coming in at 3 in a FC match though. Be intriguing to see what Livingstone can do though.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Hopefully Hameed bats all day. Cook already out with his **** new helmet. And Wood is looking likely to need that operation that I was speculating he was going to need last week.

91Jmay

International Coach
Middlesex climbing into our bowling by the looks of it. Robson motoring :blink:

Hameed now 7 off 74. What a vigil.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Plunkett going absolutely berserk. What a fantastic innings. Bairstow just ridiculously good as well.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
So Hampshire have already lost Topley, Wood and Dawson this season all injured during games. They are doing well.

cpr

International Coach
I calculate Hameed could only have hit a maximum 8 scoring shots of his 99 (one of his went for 2 yesterday). That's not a sign he's ready to open for us.

I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere, Procter is just a **** Rikki Clarke

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I calculate Hameed could only have hit a maximum 8 scoring shots of his 99 (one of his went for 2 yesterday). That's not a sign he's ready to open for us.

I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere, Procter is just a **** Rikki Clarke
Staying in ages and not scoring as an opener is better than getting out quickly and not scoring. He's miles better than any other options we have.

Anyway, we've got a batting bonus point woohoo. We really need Alex Davies to continue his form from last year.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wonder whats the highest score

- in the CC in April
- after being put in to bat
- in the first team innings of a season

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Delighted to see that the evidence so far shows that I was wrong and Gilo right - still don't think we'll get too many first innings leads this summer, but one is more than I expected

fredfertang

Kegga, Jimmy, Jarvis and Wagner didn't look like emulating the rescue acts that Saj, Hoggy and Chappy used to do on a regular basis, but looks like the tradition of the tail getting the batters out of the **** more often than not may be continuing

Pothas

So Hampshire have already lost Topley, Wood and Dawson this season all injured during games. They are doing well.
Yeah what a great start to the season. At least Vince is playing the sort of innings that he needs to if he is going to get into the Test side, state that leaves our batting in if he does though.