• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

SeamUp

International Coach
Dan Lawrence killing it in Perth. 303 runs in 4 games. Must have been a tough decision to leave out of England Lions squad.

Think he will be a player that will get better with experience as he has all the shots.

brockley

International Captain
Anyone know the fate of W Porterfield of Warwickshire and Ed Joyce of Sussex,are they both out of contract,and where are they ar,or are both going 2 return home and play in Irelands' new first class comp.
Their is much less players of Irish and Scottish background now,than in former years.
Anyway if Irish players go back to their comp it will strengthen their quality.
Nial O'brien has resigned from county cricket,and will be a player,agent player manager.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone know the fate of W Porterfield of Warwickshire and Ed Joyce of Sussex,are they both out of contract,and where are they ar,or are both going 2 return home and play in Irelands' new first class comp.
Their is much less players of Irish and Scottish background now,than in former years.
Anyway if Irish players go back to their comp it will strengthen their quality.
Nial O'brien has resigned from county cricket,and will be a player,agent player manager.
Ed Joyce is taking some time to consider his position. I really hope he re-signs for Sussex, he's been such a good player for us.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, felt his batting was poor over last few seasons. Think he was holding back a few younger players. Right decision.

91Jmay

International Coach
Dan Lawrence killing it in Perth. 303 runs in 4 games. Must have been a tough decision to leave out of England Lions squad.

Think he will be a player that will get better with experience as he has all the shots.
Is there anywhere i can check Aussie grade cricket stats? I have found WA grade site but doesn't appear to be updated.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Is there anywhere i can check Aussie grade cricket stats? I have found WA grade site but doesn't appear to be updated.
MyCricket - Scores, stats, fixtures & news

I find it easiest just to search for the team (player search isn't easy) and go from there.

Most the English players are based in either Sydney, Perth or Adelaide I find, so just look down the current 1st grade scorecards and you see plenty of familiar names.

My list of current players. There are a few others.

Ben slater Kingston Hawthorn
alex hughes Kingston Hawthorn
aneurin donald Midland guildford (wa)
Rob Jones South Perth
Alex Hepburn Willeton Dragons(wa)
Ed Barnard Scarborough(wa)
Kohler Cadmore Penrith
George Rhodes Tea tree gulley
Joe Leach North Canberrra
Charlie Morris Tuggeranong
Ben Twohig East Torrens
Sowter Syndey
aaron lilley blacktown
Monty Panesar Cambelltown-camden
Mason Crane Gordon
Tom Moores Subiaco
Angus Robson Melville
Abell Fremantle
Harry Podmore University (wa)
Luis Reece Gosnells
Dan Lawrence Wanneroo D
Callum Taylor Mount Lawley D
Arthur Godsal Port Adelaide
Adam Hose Kensington
Hankins Glenelg
Michael Burgess? Adelaide Uni
Matthew Fisher Adelaide
James Sykes Northern Districts(sa)
Callum Parkinson Dandenong
Sean Terry Monash Tigers
Nic Selman Sunshine coast
Dockrell Valley
Alex Hales Buckley Ridges
Steve Mullaney Buckley Ridges
Luke Fletcher Buckley Ridges
Kieran Bull Rockingham-Mandurah
Brad Taylor Woodville
Matt Critchley Randwick Petersham
Luke Wells UNSW
Shantry Sutherland
Sam Robson Eastern Suburbs
Eckersley Western Suburbs
Denly Sydney
Danny Briggs marcellin old collegians
tom smith? Bonbeach tangy
dominic bess West torrens

91Jmay

International Coach
Dan Lawrence has 352 runs @ 58 and 9 wickets @ 30 (4.9 RPO). Not bad returns.

Donald averaging 10 though is brutal.

Matt Fisher has only taken 5 wickets at 37 but going at 3.4 RPO isn't too bad.

Couldn't find Hales but Steven Mullaney is doing great for same club. Averaging 38 with bat and 5.2 (not a typo) with ball.

Couldn't find Bess or Abell either.

Edit - Found Crane. 16 wickets @ 22 with RPO of 3.6. Really good.

Reading a Match report of game Crane played in and Moises Henriques, Kurtis Pattison and Harry Finch played in game. Such a great standard.

Last edited:

theegyptian

thanks! Something to do instead of work.
Yes there's probably a spelling mistake or two down that list (and Twohig got turned away at the airport so never played) with the team names as it was only really intended for my reference. Often spend 45 minutes on sunday or monday morning checking how the English got on over the weekend. Abell got a hundred this weekend iirc, Crane 4 wickets, Kohler cadmore has continued his end of season slump with a load of single digit scores.

You gotta be careful comparing the standards. The notts lads for instance are playing in a weaker comp than most of the others.

theegyptian

Dan Lawrence has 352 runs @ 58 and 9 wickets @ 30 (4.9 RPO). Not bad returns.

Donald averaging 10 though is brutal.

Matt Fisher has only taken 5 wickets at 37 but going at 3.4 RPO isn't too bad.

Couldn't find Hales but Steven Mullaney is doing great for same club. Averaging 38 with bat and 5.2 (not a typo) with ball.

Couldn't find Crane, Bess or Abell either.
My spellings are possibly a little off and I don't put which state the teams are in for most places.

Donald hits the ball cleanly but technically he is a bit of mess imo.

For Crane he's playing for Gordon in Sydney grade(NSW)

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=2361868

Abell http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/com...yerID=1310280&eID=526&entityID=526&seasonID=0

Bess http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/com...yerID=1339233&eID=779&entityID=779&seasonID=0

Skinner

Cricket Spectator
England are going to have a scary team in a few years, Crane, Curran, Lawrence etc coming through to join the young core already in the side.