• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Steven Mullaney has broken his finger and is heading back home. Hales just playing a couple of guest games for that team in the T20 - he's only out here for a month.

Harry Dearden playing at Greenvale Kangaroos in Melbourne, recently signed with Leicestershire.
Callum Parkinson playing at Dandenong and started pretty well, did decently for Mt Waverley (Sub District) last year. His team is flying, and have often had Poms over - Hales, Dawson been there in the past.
Sean Terry playing for Ireland now, made a century earlier this year but plays on one of the worst wickets in the competition.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Kent to play in West Indies Super50 as part of FGS Plant Tour | Kent County Cricket Club

Kent to play in the West Indies domstic 50 over comp. Interesting. Hopefully they can get a good team out.

Shame Billings will probably be playing in the Pakistan super league instead. Hopefully England lions release Bell-Drummond to play for Kent. Makes sense him playing in foreign conditions, and allow another player to get experience with the lions.

I notice another Kent lad, Matt Coles, was playing for Dhaka in the Bangladesh T20 today.

theegyptian

Can't quite understand why they released the fixtures for 2017 at midnight. An early visit to Bristol for Durham. Hope to see Scaly there.

The fixture list doesn't look as bad as I was expecting tbh. I thought that Championship cricket may have been pushed completely to the start and end of season to make way for the T20 but there looks to be a reasonable amount of 4 day cricket in June and July.

theegyptian

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/211102

England Lions squads for Sri Lanka tour (6 February – 13 March 13)

For first section, including four-day matches v Sri Lanka A: K Jennings (Durham, capt), H Hameed (Lancashire), N Gubbins (Middlesex), T Alsop (Hampshire), T Westley (Essex), J Clarke (Worcestershire), L Livingstone (Lancashire), B Foakes (Surrey), S Curran (Surrey), T Curran (Surrey), T Roland-Jones (Middlesex), T Helm (Middlesex), C Overton (Somerset), O Rayner (Middlesex), J Leach (Somerset).

For 50-over series v Sri Lanka A: K Jennings (Durham, capt), D Bell-Drummond (Kent), T Alsop (Hampshire), B Duckett (Northamptonshire), J Clarke (Worcestershire), L Livingstone (Lancashire), B Foakes (Surrey), S Curran (Surrey), T Curran (Surrey), C Overton (Somerset), T Helm (Middlesex), J Fuller (Middlesex), O Rayner (Middlesex), J Poysden (Warwickshire).

Makes sense Hameed and Jennings getting some 4 day lions cricket with the big break between last test in India and the late start to the test summer. Shame Duckett isn't joining the group for the four day part (rather than the 50 over part). I would have thought it was an ideal opportunity for him to work on his defensive game. I know he's been signed for the PSL which occurs at the same time but why pick him in the 50 over squad then? Good to see Helm involved. Hasn't played much cricket but looks a sweet prospect. Haven't been entirely impressed by Alsop when I've seen him play myself but that doesn't mean he isn't good.

theegyptian

Callum Taylor with a double ton and six wickets overnight for his team in WA grade cricket. Also is captain of the team that includes Klinger.

Looked fairly solid technically when he played for England u19s and scored a lot of runs for Essex 2nds this past year.

Isn't going to break into Essex's team this year though with the return of Chopra and Wheater, and with Cook available for the first half of the season.

Might be an opportunity for a div 2 side to pick him up on loan or on a permanent deal. Klinger himself might tap him up for Glos.

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/227243

Squads for North versus South series, March 2017

North: K Jennings (Durham, capt), B Duckett (Northamptonshire Steelbacks*), S Hain (Warwickshire), J Clarke (Worcestershire Rapids, wk), L Livingstone (Lancashire Lightning), J Leaning (Yorkshire Vikings), T Bresnan (Yorkshire Vikings*), J Poysden (Warwickshire), G White (Northamptonshire Steelbacks*), M Wood (Durham), S Mahmood (Lancashire Lightning), R Gleeson (Northamptonshire Steelbacks), H Gurney (Notts Outlaws*).

South: J Vince (Hampshire, capt), D Bell-Drummond (Kent Spitfires), T Alsop (Hampshire), D Malan (Middlesex), S Northeast (Kent Spitfires), L Dawson (Hampshire*), B Foakes (Surrey, wk), T Curran (Surrey), L Gregory (Somerset*), T Groenewald (Somerset*), M Coles (Kent Spitfires*), S Finn (Middlesex), M Crane (Hampshire).

* - automatic selection through position in Professional Cricketers’ Association’s Most Valuable Player rankings for the 2016 Royal London One-Day Cup

North looks full of number 10/11 bats which isn't great for picking a team. Be interesting to see if anyone stands out playing in foreign conditions.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

'North v South', It is almost like a throw back to those weird Victorian cricket matches, gentlemen v players, smokers v non-smokers, etc.

theegyptian

How does Northamptonshire count as North?
They are split into North/South groups for the domestic cups and to split them evenly(9/9) you've got to come a fair way south, so you get teams like Worcestershire and Northatns in the north - and which I assume they are selecting on the same basis for this tournament.

theegyptian

Butcher on the verdict saying Leach had upto 30 degrees flex in his action. Ouch. Where do I start the petition to have Somerset deducted points and relegated? j/k

theegyptian

They should have got relegated for their dodgy wicket.
A bit much from a Durham fan given CLS was heavily in favour of the bowlers for a few seasons.

I would have thought that having a range of different wickets was a good thing - especially the way we've played in India.

You don't want them all turning square but a few turners will hopefully improve the standards accross the board. By the end of the season the Somerset batsman looked to be adjusting well to the conditions.

S.Kennedy

As opposed to dodgy finances.
There is no money there!! It is not as if DCCC were using ECB money to buy glitzy overseas players - we've never had an overseas player since Big John Hastings in 2015.

Chucking Durham down is like sending someone to a Victorian debtors jail. All the best England players are Durham so the ECB are merely buggering up England for the future. Jennings, Stokes, Wood: Durham. (Wood's pace by the way would have bought wickets in India).

S.Kennedy

A bit much from a Durham fan given CLS was heavily in favour of the bowlers for a few seasons.

I would have thought that having a range of different wickets was a good thing - especially the way we've played in India.

You don't want them all turning square but a few turners will hopefully improve the standards accross the board. By the end of the season the Somerset batsman looked to be adjusting well to the conditions.
A lot of teams went to Taunton and got shafted by the dodgy wicket. Apparently - I think it was Middlesex - a visiting team chucked all their bags on the wicket to be used thinking it was a training wicket - that is how bad the wicket was.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

The one where Durham, hardly a batting powerhouse, kept scoring 250+ on?

S.Kennedy

The one where Durham, hardly a batting powerhouse, kept scoring 250+ on?
Nottinghamshire 138 & 215 (target: 541)

Yorkshire 145 & 286

Somerset 95 & 211
Warwickshire 123 & 152 (target: 184)

Somerset 184 & 180
Durham 189 & 136 (target: 176)

Dodgy wicket.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nottinghamshire 138 & 215 (target: 541)

Yorkshire 145 & 286

Somerset 95 & 211
Warwickshire 123 & 152 (target: 184)

Somerset 184 & 180
Durham 189 & 136 (target: 176)

Dodgy wicket.
If it was a dodgy wicket where is the string of low Durham scores?

Durham's bowling being too good for soft southern ****e /= a dodgy wicket