• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Commentary Complaints Thread***

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like Tyler and Barry Davies, most of the rest aren't very noticeable and only a few are properly annoying. OTOH it's pretty rare for a colour commentator to be anything other than absolutely terrible. I really hope the BBC don't bring Savage back.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Barry Davies a very good shout yes.

Can't think of a good colour commentator really. Very easy to think of terrible ones though. Not a lot in it, but I would say Lawrenson is just about the worst. Murphy runs him very close though. And then yeah obviously Savage is awful.

Uppercut

There are guys like Carragher and Neville who have plenty of terrible moments but are also genuinely interesting at times. Then there are ones like Alan Smith who aren’t very interesting but aren’t too annoying either. But outside of Sky it’s pure, unadulterated direness all the way down.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There are guys like Carragher and Neville who have plenty of terrible moments but are also genuinely interesting at times. Then there are ones like Alan Smith who aren’t very interesting but aren’t too annoying either. But outside of Sky it’s pure, unadulterated direness all the way down.
Yeah, agree.

Burgey

He should have learned to take them first.

Heard Roy and HG previewing tonight’s game and they got the right idea for Australia’s pre-game talk to get into the heads of Le Frogs.

Remind them they’ve just built a memorial and a museum to John Monash at Villiers Bretenoux, and that when they fell in a heap we had to bail them out. Tell them that’s a reflection of their national character and that when things get tough they fold up. Every time a Frenchman goes near the ball, a cry of “Monash” from the Australians will see them lose the ball and our blokes win in a canter.

vcs

Mark Lawrenson and some other guy.

Alex Scott and Drogba were quite good in the half-time break.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah just dreadful. But he had been for... pretty much ever, so I guess there's no reason for the BBC to finally shunt him

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Genuinely think Peter Drury is awful. Don't get the praise.

His commentary can be summed up by this short video:

All you gotta do is add needlessly long words and a **** accent.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
US coverage so far is using Americans for game commentary not the English ones they use for PL. Have to listen to their stupid phrases like "go ahead goal", "post up" and "end line".

Uppercut

I don’t understand what’s keeping him employed. Other bell ends like Savage generate heat by loudly stating bad opinions, so you can see the commercial reason for them. Lawrenson just acts like a teenager at a family holiday he didn’t want to go on.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
"Mario Gomez went down there like...Super Mario...when a bad computer game player...is playing it."

wtf

OverratedSanity

Haha was about to mention evra. He lookd completely uninterested. And had a couple of very uncomfortable moments with Larsson too.