• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Commentary Complaints Thread***

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, it was him giving Aluko a round of applause every time she made a decent observation/said something that suggested she had actually researched the teams they were watching that I was getting at. Did not come across well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How the **** can Lee Dixon look at that replay and say there's nothing wrong with Switzerland's goal?

Even spouting the 'contact sport' rubbish.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mark Lawrenson.

An utter bellend..
Yeah just dreadful. But he had been for... pretty much ever, so I guess there's no reason for the BBC to finally shunt him
I think everyone got over Lawro's whole "camp and unimpressed" schtick at least a decade and a half ago, yeah.

Watching football really seems to pain him too; whatever joy he once took from the game has long since gone.

Mind you spending a career in Liverpool's dressing room with a voice that sounds like a cross between a Preston version of Alan Bennett and a unhappily closeted provincial theatre critic would embitter the sunniest disposition, I'm sure.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Complaining relentlessly about the VAR even when it gets the decision right is already a tiresome theme and will no doubt continue.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Martin Keown total garbage, contradicting his own opinions and as one-eyed as it was possible to be when looking at referee decisions.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The BBC really have some impressively dreadful commentators, especially when you take radio into account.

Terry Butcher was dire during the Senegal-Poland game earlier. Thought it was hilarious to purposefully mispronounce all the Senegalese players' names.

Niall

International Coach
The BBC really have some impressively dreadful commentators, especially when you take radio into account.

Terry Butcher was dire during the Senegal-Poland game earlier. Thought it was hilarious to purposefully mispronounce all the Senegalese players' names.
In the half time of the Japan game we got to see Upson cooking, because **** knows what type of saddo would want half time to be dedicated to soccer:laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The constant referring to Tunisia's penalty as 'controversial' is annoying me.

Last time I checked, swinging an arm and catching your opponent in the face was a foul.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The constant referring to Tunisia's penalty as 'controversial' is annoying me.

Last time I checked, swinging an arm and catching your opponent in the face was a foul.
"Swinging an arm" is a bit of a stretch, isn't it? He raised it with his back to the Tunisian chap and matey ran into it, with predictable amateur dramatics ensuing.

It must look a smidge controversial in retrospect, what with Kane being twice wrestled to the floor with no penalty for either.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Had the Spanish commentary team in English for the Columbia vs Japan game and it was a new low. Constantly raising your voice as if every pass is a wonder goal isn't needed. Referring to Japan as blue samurai constantly was bizarre and the overall tone of 2 blokes down the pub trying to describe a sport to someone with passing interest was woeful. Wtg USA

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ITV commentators talking out their holes about Guerrero's ban. Lee Dixon is a tosser.

flibbertyjibber

So sat at work and match is on in canteen and a guy got up and changed the commentary from the tv to radio 5 just because it was a woman doing it and he said women know nothing about football.

Thoughts everyone?

Uppercut

Yeah that's absolutely pathetic.

Commentary is a great example of how 'old boys club' attitudes cause standards to slip. The fact that I don't remember being actively annoyed by Alex Scott already puts her in the top 25%.