• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Pretty sure Warne did what he did because his side was losing, never one to let a game drift was Shane.

Doubt anything would've happened if he'd been winning. Always liked that about him tbh

Samuels has developed a bit of a swagger the last couple of years, sounds like he got a fractured eye socket though, nasty

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty sure Warne did what he did because his side was losing, never one to let a game drift was Shane.

Doubt anything would've happened if he'd been winning. Always liked that about him tbh
Could have done all of that without swearing with the mic on and throwing a ball at an opponent.

Sledging was ugly but not THAT bad. Swearing and throwing of the ball was simply so far over the line it not funny.

Btw, Melbourne Stars/Renegades rivalry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sydney ****kickers/Chunder rivalry. Now and forever.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Could have done all of that without swearing with the mic on and throwing a ball at an opponent.

Sledging was ugly but not THAT bad. Swearing and throwing of the ball was simply so far over the line it not funny.

Btw, Melbourne Stars/Renegades rivalry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sydney ****kickers/Chunder rivalry. Now and forever.
Well yeah, there was clearly a circus element going on. The BBL probably has wwf style drama in player contracts these days. :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, reports say CA are really ****ty. But **** me its got the BBL in the news and so many people are talking about this. The BBL hasn't exactly been a roaring success this season so far (despite Benchy and Spikey watching every game and posting in this thread about it) so this will have given everyone a reminder that this **** is competitive.

Worse things could have happened to the BBL than what happened tonight, such as NSW getting a third team and sucking up the league further.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
That sort of stuff happens a little too frequently. Mainly because when it does officials generally do nothing about it.
surprised due to it just being a t20 that they couldn't have moved the match

on the ball chucking, cmon it was a lob designed to rile him up. minor indiscretion there. Of course it was all gamesmanship from Warne, and super funny that it was actually backfiring, samuels stepped up.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm hearing a $4,500 fine and a one game suspension.

Should kick the two teams out of the competition. Absolute cancer of the arse of Australian cricket.

Jeez I hope Stars lose their last game and Warne retires with his last game having been booed at his home ground.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Sledging = saying whatever four letter words you wanted. Only thing not allowed is racist comments. I always see the players swear during send offs and after bouncers etc.

Agree the throwing of the ball should earn a fine. As should Warrne grabbling Malon's shirt.

Last edited:

benchmark00

The only thing he didn't get found guilty of was the throwing thing, can't believe they took that ****s word for it.

benchmark00

And I can't believe this weak ****ing ingrate has the audacity to complain about the harshness of the penalty. You deserved more than one match you ****.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah ****s, back of the line, I saw him first!! (Amongst our small group of Australian CW posters)

2-2-2009
Does anyone have any inside info on any of these players?
Doolan TAS
Walter QLD
Stoinis WA
Porter WA
Asking about Doolan, maybe thinking he's a gun perhaps?

Me on 1-11-2009
First up I've got to say that Doolan doesn't look the part at all, I can't quite work out how Travis Burt is behind him.

9-10-2012
1/182 currently, Tassie doing superbly. I've really enjoyed this partnership, Doolan is a bit underrated. Cosgrove has started the year superbly, opener could be his spot.
So in reality I thought he was **** until this year.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
And I can't believe this weak ****ing ingrate has the audacity to complain about the harshness of the penalty. You deserved more than one match you ****.
‘‘I think that was pretty harsh.’’Stars’ chief executive Clint Cooper said the BBL’s highest-profile club was considering its legal options.
Well his team also believes it was harsh.

If I was Samuels I wouldn't be back next year for the BBL you can't afford to get involved in shenanigans even if you didn't instigate them.

benchmark00

I would be very surprised if Samuels is back next year after the **** he's copped this season from all over the country. Been pathetic.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would be very surprised if Samuels is back next year after the **** he's copped this season from all over the country. Been pathetic.
Dunno. Murali's copped it pretty hard in the past in Australia and he's over in the BBL and seemingly enjoying it. Plus the money's got to be a pretty decent drawcard for a player.