• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd be a bit annoyed if I were Dave Hussey and Samuels was trying to pull on my shirt even if it was "playfully"; Duss did nothing wrong IMO in that case. If a batsman runs by a bowler and pulls on his shirt on the way through, it would be taken similarly.

It would have been interesting to see how it would have blown up in Warne's face if someone had have run him out. The ball's been thrown, hit the batsman who was in his crease, and gone on to remonstrate; he's not supposed to run in that situation, so really by cricket etiquette Samuels shouldn't be given if someone had've decided to take the bails off. But Warne wouldn't have withdrawn the appeal, with his head full of steam.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Oh, and obviously Warne pulling on Samuels' shirt in that manner is a completely different kettle of fish too.

Hearing that Samuels is out for the BBL, probs been mentioned in here though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
No, but he tried to ****** him from taking the second run. It's not relevant to the point that I was making what the precise action is.

And again, the point I'm making about the runout is irrelevant to who was calling for the runout to be made, I just think it would have been an even further PR disaster for Warne because the umpires would surely have gone to him asking him to withdraw the appeal. If the umpires had the balls to do so, and not just accept the runout because it was the Stars.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And you could clearly tell it was a joke by Samuels by virtue of the fact that Murali had the ball in his hands, on the ring, while Hussey was at the non strikers end, there was clearly no second run so MS was having a joke around. Hussey taking it as anything else is just a bad reflection on him.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I'm a bit surprised more hasn't also been made of Finch, while batting, pushing Faulkner as he ran through for a single.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Make sure of it; I don't really care. If you get into my physical space like that in cricket, and start making contact while I'm trying to bat/field/run between wickets, then you are in the wrong. I don't think that Samuels should be getting games or anything like that, but Hussey's reaction was justified for mine.

Oh, and Gades :cool:

benchmark00

Nah that's junk, you are watching a different incident if you think Samuels was trying to gain any sort of advantage from his actions.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
, but Hussey's reaction was justified for mine.
Depends what his reaction was.

If it was complaining to the umpire then I can see that.

If it is going off the field and complaining bitterly to his team mates and firing them up to retaliate then that would be OTT.

Also slightly petty is remarking in the paper the next day that no one likes Marlon Samuels anyway.

benchmark00

And it shows the class in that team, where the bowler was the only person in the whole side to check on the well being of Samuels. Absolutely disgusting.

Full credit to Malinga who wasn't a sheep like the rest of that team.

benchmark00

So Perera is out... Is that because SL said he can't play? So this means Malinga is out for the Stars match and Bird comes in?