• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ugh. Just don't pick the ****. It's not like a) he's going to play b) he's head and shoulders ahead of any other options.

I'll sign off there and hope he isn't selected, never to be mentioned again.
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment, but I fear he's only an impressive nets spell away from playing (especially with Henry under an injury cloud, not to mention Stead's obvious reluctance to give regular opportunities to young'uns like O'Rourke).

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ugh. Just don't pick the ****. It's not like a) he's going to play b) he's head and shoulders ahead of any other options.

I'll sign off there and hope he isn't selected, never to be mentioned again.
He deserves a chance though. If you get acquitted that should be a clean slate of your past given the allegations were clearly false. It's like Richard Gere syndrome, you say something is true then people assume it is on the basis that its bad. Therefore the image of being seen to question it is unthinkable. Sheep mentality.

Scott is THE victim in all of this. It's easy to judge a man guilty when an actual judge and jury has found him innocent. I think the jury knows more about the case than CW. Pure arrogance and stupidity.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aussies got the lozenges out and somehow this is reverse swinging...
Can we expect more of this from cheating Aussies in this series? Say what you want about Blocky but the man was nostradamus when it comes to Australian cricket and called it early

Flem274*

123/5
Kuggs
Henry Macewell
Southee
Wagner

It’s coming ****ers, just accept it now.
Macewell for Henry imo
Domestic teams would literally prefer facing the test attack to the Canterbury or Wellington ones in this case. Arguably the others too.

Wagner hasn't been making ND. I love him, he's my favourite bowler ever, but stop doing this to him. Let the man put down his axe and shield to rest.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Surely they won't play him in front of O'Rourke.

Right?

RIGHT??
O'Rourke is going to be an automatic pick for the next 10 years. If he plays it would potentially be in place of Wagner I guess.

Apparently the NZCPA issued this guidance following his case (from a Spinoff article about it).

Screenshot_20240218-154900_Photos.jpg

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Kuggs
Henry
Southee
Wagner

It’s coming ****ers, just accept it now.
Wasn't this the bowling attack at the Mount last year? Just looked, it was worse - Scott K, Tickner, Southee, Macewell and Wagner. I had to wear a dress, and take about every substance under the sun to endure that woeful performance (it was my Stag do, but I think I would've anyway)