• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
I don't think you can really compare bowling a bouncer to ***ually assaulting someone.
Why not?
The bouncer ended the boys life. It resulted in someone dieing. He put other people's lives at risk by continuing to play on as he had a style of bowling that meant he was very prone to hitting people in the head. So he endagered lives by playing the next week.
I don't want to get into a war of semantics though and I am pulling out of the thread now as I think you blokes, including Sorcerer are pretty pumped up at Kugg's, and some of that vitriole is now starting to come at me since I am defending him.
I think it would be wise for my mental health if I concede whatever I need to concede to you guys, and I come back tomorrow when we have moved on to a new topic. I felt Sorcerer came into the thread just because he detected a chance for a dog pile beat up. We have gone past the tipping point of healthy discussion in the last page and I am going to do a dissapearing act at this point so that the situation calms down.

I apologise to who ever I wound up. It was just my opinion.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Why not?
The bouncer ended the boys life. It resulted in someone dieing. He put other people's lives at risk by continuing to play on as he had a style of bowling that meant he was very prone to hitting people in the head. So he endagered lives by playing the next week.
I don't want to get into a war of semantics though and I am pulling out of the thread now as I think you blokes, including Sorcerer are pretty pumped up at Kugg's, and some of that vitriole is now starting to come at me since I am defending him.
I think it would be wise for my mental health if I concede whatever I need to concede to you guys, and I come back tomorrow when we have moved on to a new topic. I felt Sorcerer came into the thread just because he detected a chance for a dog pile beat up. We have gone past the tipping point of healthy discussion in the last page and I am going to do a dissapearing act at this point so that the situation calms down.

I apologise to who ever I wound up. It was just my opinion.
dude stop trying to deflect your questionable views and opinions by accusing me of piling or whatever it is lol

the fact that you think an accident that one has no control over and ***ual assault are the same thing says more about you than anything else

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's easy to hate a monster, but most men aren't monsters
Marquis de Sade
Adolf Hitler
Mao Zedong
Jimmy Page
Benito Mussolini
Muammar Gaddafi
Jeffrey Dahmer
Lou Gehrig
Joseph Stalin
Kanye West
Anthony Kiedis
Woody Allen
Oscar Pistorius
Attila the Hun
Jerry Lee Lewis
Lance Armstrong
Ted Kaczynski (Actually a good guy)
Charles Manson
Hideki Tojo
Joseph Goebbels
Osama Bin Laden
Chris Dorner
Jared Fogle
Jack the Ripper
Bashar Al Asad
Heinrich Himmler
Augustus Caesar
Rolf Harris
Caligula
Dennis Ferguson
Herman Goering
Vladimir Putin
Bill Cosby
Jeffrey Epstein
Jeffrey Jones
Sam Harris
Francisco Pizarro
Martin Bryant
Leslie Hylton
Don Bradman
Martin Bormann
Josef Fritzl
Dick Cheney
Robert Lee
Elagabalus
Joachim von Ribbentrop
Ben Roberts-Smith
Reinhard Heydrich
Sid Vicious
Adolf Eichmann
Slobodan Milosevic
James Cook
Hernan Cortez
Scott Kuggeleijn
Julius Streicher
Shahadat Hossain
OJ Simpson
Jerry Seinfeld
Steven Tyler
Robert McNamara
Ernst Kaltenbrunner
Rudolf Hoss
Rudolf Hess
John Wayne Gacy
Radislav Krstic
Josip Tito
Leopold II
Charles Darwin
John Lennon
Karl Donitz
Winston Churchill
Al Capone
Charlie Chaplin
Kevin Spacey
Jimmy Saville
Albert Speer
Idi Amin
John Howard
Sandeep Lamichhane
Vlad the Impaler
George Pell
Saddam Hussein
Elvis Presley
Pol Pot
Genghis Khan
Kim Jong Il
Ted Bundy
James Holmes
Andrew Jackson
Mo Atta
R. Kelly

Should I go on?

Flem274*

123/5
Marquis de Sade
Adolf Hitler
Mao Zedong
Jimmy Page
Benito Mussolini
Muammar Gaddafi
Jeffrey Dahmer
Lou Gehrig
Joseph Stalin
Kanye West
Anthony Kiedis
Woody Allen
Oscar Pistorius
Attila the Hun
Jerry Lee Lewis
Lance Armstrong
Charles Manson
Hideki Tojo
Joseph Goebbels
Osama Bin Laden
Chris Dorner
Jared Fogle
Jack the Ripper
Bashar Al Asad
Heinrich Himmler
Augustus Caesar
Rolf Harris
Caligula
Dennis Ferguson
Herman Goering
Vladimir Putin
Bill Cosby
Jeffrey Epstein
Jeffrey Jones
Sam Harris
Francisco Pizarro
Martin Bryant
Leslie Hylton
Don Bradman
Martin Bormann
Josef Fritzl
Dick Cheney
Robert Lee
Elagabalus
Joachim von Ribbentrop
Ben Roberts-Smith
Reinhard Heydrich
Sid Vicious
Adolf Eichmann
Slobodan Milosevic
James Cook
Hernan Cortez
Scott Kuggeleijn
Julius Streicher
Shahadat Hossain
OJ Simpson
Jerry Seinfeld
Steven Tyler
Robert McNamara
Ernst Kaltenbrunner
Rudolf Hoss
Rudolf Hess
John Wayne Gacy
Radislav Krstic
Josip Tito
Leopold II
Charles Darwin
John Lennon
Karl Donitz
Winston Churchill
Al Capone
Charlie Chaplin
Kevin Spacey
Jimmy Saville
Albert Speer
Idi Amin
John Howard
Sandeep Lamichhane
Vlad the Impaler
George Pell
Saddam Hussein
Elvis Presley
Pol Pot
Genghis Khan
Kim Jong Il
Ted Bundy
James Holmes
Andrew Jackson
Mo Atta
R. Kelly

Should I go on?
Elagabalus made the mistake of being (probably) trans in Roman public life. If the gossip about his parties is true, you'd wish you were there.

Gob

International Coach
Marquis de Sade
Adolf Hitler
Mao Zedong
Jimmy Page
Benito Mussolini
Muammar Gaddafi
Jeffrey Dahmer
Lou Gehrig
Joseph Stalin
Kanye West
Anthony Kiedis
Woody Allen
Oscar Pistorius
Attila the Hun
Jerry Lee Lewis
Lance Armstrong
Charles Manson
Hideki Tojo
Joseph Goebbels
Osama Bin Laden
Chris Dorner
Jared Fogle
Jack the Ripper
Bashar Al Asad
Heinrich Himmler
Augustus Caesar
Rolf Harris
Caligula
Dennis Ferguson
Herman Goering
Vladimir Putin
Bill Cosby
Jeffrey Epstein
Jeffrey Jones
Sam Harris
Francisco Pizarro
Martin Bryant
Leslie Hylton
Don Bradman
Martin Bormann
Josef Fritzl
Dick Cheney
Robert Lee
Elagabalus
Joachim von Ribbentrop
Ben Roberts-Smith
Reinhard Heydrich
Sid Vicious
Adolf Eichmann
Slobodan Milosevic
James Cook
Hernan Cortez
Scott Kuggeleijn
Julius Streicher
Shahadat Hossain
OJ Simpson
Jerry Seinfeld
Steven Tyler
Robert McNamara
Ernst Kaltenbrunner
Rudolf Hoss
Rudolf Hess
John Wayne Gacy
Radislav Krstic
Josip Tito
Leopold II
Charles Darwin
John Lennon
Karl Donitz
Winston Churchill
Al Capone
Charlie Chaplin
Kevin Spacey
Jimmy Saville
Albert Speer
Idi Amin
John Howard
Sandeep Lamichhane
Vlad the Impaler
George Pell
Saddam Hussein
Elvis Presley
Pol Pot
Genghis Khan
Kim Jong Il
Ted Bundy
James Holmes
Andrew Jackson
Mo Atta
R. Kelly

Should I go on?
Ben Stokes?

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I'm looking forward to this test series , should be box office ..

New Zealand always been like the little brother of Australia ..
Now is a great chance to step out of the shadow and beat Australia.

Gnske

On that note, I think despite PEWS's warning that we should all agree that any kind of assault is wrong. Lets not be bullied or intimidated.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
There will be no more comparisons between ***ual assault and bowling bouncers in this thread.

I am disgusted that I even have to say that on this forum.
The analogy comparing a boy dieing from a bouncer and ***ual assault. Not between ***ual assault and a bouncer.

I think you are mentally unstable and have a low IQ Spark. I am not going to apologise for that. You can give me 5 points if you want. That is my honest belief about you from many years of your posting. If you can't understand what my analogy was about and reduced it to simply being a story about a bouncer then you are not doing ok upstairs.

HeathDavisSpeed

Sigh. This is all so unnecessary. I found Hurricane’s tale to be both interesting and redemptive, if not particularly relevant to the case at hand given one is an accident and the other a deliberate act. It’s also worth remembering that there are a good deal of people out there for whom the not guilty verdict was sufficient and we should all be able to converse on these topics without falling into the well of pejorative. After all, we not the parties responsible for these acts.

Spark

Global Moderator
The analogy comparing a boy dieing from a bouncer and ***ual assault. Not between ***ual assault and a bouncer.

I think you are mentally unstable and have a low IQ Spark. I am not going to apologise for that. You can give me 5 points if you want. That is my honest belief about you from many years of your posting. If you can't understand what my analogy was about and reduced it to simply being a story about a bouncer then you are not doing ok upstairs.
Nah I think you've well and truly shown your true colours with this post, and displayed the sort of character you are. I'll just leave it there for everyone to see, especially coming right on the back of your own request to have others respect your mental health.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i think it should also bear noting, online it can be really difficult to have discussions about this stuff because nuances like tone and what people really mean can be lost by the simplest of typos or poor expression. i know because i express myself really clunkily often in posting in ways i never would when talking irl.

the point i think hurricane was trying to make is that people who do really terrible things can feel remorse for their actions, and in some cases the weight of those actions may weigh deeply on their consciences for the rest of their lives, such that given we don't know what's going on in kuggeleijn's mind we shouldn't be so quick to proceed on the assumption he's a remorseless cretin who sees no perspective on what he's done.

now

personally i don't agree with that in the sense of, as others have said, it really does seem like the way the charge was fought was a lot more pugilistic than it would have been in a world where he's looked back at that time and felt serious remorse for how he acted. i also don't think there's any excuse for the post about "low iq" because i'm of the view spark is one of the most thoughtful posters on this site.

but i do just think, and want to emphasise, to stop a situation eventuating where posts like that last one come about i dunno we could make some due allowance for the fact that the online medium's really inappropriate to have these conversations in a way where everyone understands each other. different, a lot, to talking in real life.