• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Three T20I and two Tests in Feb/Mar 2024

T20I
1st T20I (N), Wellington, February 21
2nd T20I (N), Auckland, February 23
3rd T20I, Auckland, February 25

Tests
1st Test, Wellington, February 29 - March 04
2nd Test, Christchurch, March 08 - 12

Australia T20I Squad
Mitchell Marsh (capt), Pat Cummins, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Matt Short, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

On Standby: Jason Behrendorff, Sean Abbott

Australia Test Squad
TBA

Chubb

International Regular
Can't believe they've picked Tim David after his car crash of a season for Hobart. Ellis fortunate too.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Seems to be too many batsmen in that T20 squad. Warner, Head, Marsh, Smith, Maxwell and Wade pretty much locked in aren't they?

That leaves Short, Inglis, Stoinis and David fighting it out for one spot.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon this test series is going to be very closely fought and it wouldn't surprise me if NZ turn us over on their own dung heap. The Aus batting is still pretty fraught with Labushagne's form a particular concern given Smith is now batting above him, Head out of form and Marsh still without a functioning forward defensive shot. Our 3-7 looks shaky AF tbh.

Particularly looking forward to seeing Ravindra vs Cummins in the longest format. Potentially a great match up.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair Head never has form and I'm sure he'll boot out another ridiculous ton.

Hurricane better be ready to stand, despite his gout.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Should be an interesting series. NZ has slightly righted itself from it's disastrous 21-23 WTC cycle. The batting is enormously dependent on KW though, so if he gets injured or loses form it could be a very easy couple weeks of work for Patto and Co.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Holy crap, just realised Australia's last tour of NZ was 8 years ago and last time they played was 4 years ago in Aus.

What's up with that when Aus has played WI and Pak twice in last 2 years 😞

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
I think this series rests on
1) will KJ be fit or will he get a back strain two days before the first test
2) Rachin If he can be consistent and even ton up against the best Attack in the world then I think this could be series to remember. If he can solidify the number 4 position then we can make a go of this.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon this test series is going to be very closely fought and it wouldn't surprise me if NZ turn us over on their own dung heap. The Aus batting is still pretty fraught with Labushagne's form a particular concern given Smith is now batting above him, Head out of form and Marsh still without a functioning forward defensive shot. Our 3-7 looks shaky AF tbh.

Particularly looking forward to seeing Ravindra vs Cummins in the longest format. Potentially a great match up.
Nah, the Aussie side is far superior, as they always are, and will bury NZ as they always do.

Then, as they always do, Kiwi supporters will refuse to accept that their side is just objectively inferior and try to blame the loss on some Australia-specific psychological issue