• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
South Africa's session thanks to Kallis, lovely little cameo so far.

Cummins has bowled reasonably, but really I can't believe he's suddenly jumped ahead of Copeland in the queue, it's amazing to think that we have Lyon and Cummins in our attack and they only have 26 and 9 first class wickets respectively - Both picked on the basis of having a big impact in the Big Bash. FMD.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia's attack exposed - what a ****ing surprise

Billy Bowden exposed - what a ****ing surprise

The sooner that the clowns who select Australia's test team and the "elite" :laugh: umpires panel are given the bullet, the better

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is how I know that an Australian Test is about to start.

Better than a clock.
Test batsmen around the world absolutely crap themselves at the thought of facing an off-spinner with no experience, wickets, or variation - OOOOOh no, should I hit him for 4 or 6?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ed Cowan with a ton today. Think he can make it? He seems technically pretty good from what I've seen of him.

Burgey

Can understand the 'outrageously selfish' tag in ODIs, sometimes...

But 'devoid of any character'? Any successful sportsman is not, in a sense.
Character as in personality. Not saying he doesn't have courage/ stubbornness/ formidable attitude.

Spikey

Ed Cowan with a ton today. Think he can make it? He seems technically pretty good from what I've seen of him.
with maddinson in pretty **** form he might grab the aus a spot against nz. i wouldn't write him off but at 29 i think warner etc are in front. in one of the old domestic threads PEWS and other nswers actually said they wish he'd move into the middle order

Uppercut

He better get a double century. It's so much fun when world-class cricketers demolish teams whose fans don't rate them.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Can understand the 'outrageously selfish' tag in ODIs, sometimes...

But 'devoid of any character'? Any successful sportsman is not, in a sense.
He doesn't come across as "one of the lads", charasmatic, cheery or likeable basically, the polar opposite of someone like Flintoff in persona.

benchmark00

Ed is very limited in his stroke play, not neccessarily a terrible thing, but shut down his cuts and of the like and he doesn't have alot. Not the sort of player Australian selectors are fans of.

Howe_zat

Audio File
He better get a double century. It's so much fun when world-class cricketers demolish teams whose fans don't rate them.
You'd be hard pressed to find a fan, Aussie or otherwise, who doesn't think Kallis is at least one of the best players in the world, and one of the best of the modern era.

Not calling him the best ever isn't the same as not rating him.