• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in South Africa***

Tom Halsey

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Well, I don't think any of us realised before today just how pitiful the Australian second string bowling attack is.
The commentators were going on today about Mick Lewis being the best death bowler in Australia.

I fear for the future of Australian cricket. :laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
yall mock me if yall want, i was in my right to believe Australia would defend this total since you dont score 434 runs in ODI's every day and lose.
History shows that no side defending 400+ in an ODI has won the game...

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I went to bed at 4am in the morning, up at 8 and will be in at work at 9. This is one of the most memorable moments of my cricket viewing memory. I’m sure all of you on this forum know the pain that South African supporters have had to bear at the hands of this exceptional aussie outfit, therefore today was worthy of all the heart palpitations, screams at the tv, and impromptu rendition of inkosi sikeli Afrika, truth be told I even shed a tear at the end. More power to contests like, bring on the tests!

Cheers,

Soapy

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
nibbs said:
Australia - Cowards?
No - just not invincible any more.

It's no big deal - just another cycle of "What goes around, comes around".

Today, it's their turn to be the laughing-stock of international cricket. Tomorrow, it might be England.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
I thought both teams severely lacked for a spinner at times where a nicely flighted ball to induce a wicket could have majorly set back the run rate.
SA dont have a spinner and Aus obviously had one look at the tiny boundaries and decided that they would prefer a group of bowlers that, for all intents and purposes, are the same (medium pace and innaccurate) to someone that has performed consistently over the years.

Guess Boonie and co. missed the last 10 years where SA have consistently demonstrated how inept they are at facing spin.

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wow. What a game. Great batting and lousy bowling by both teams.

Only one question remains: is this the start of games where 400+ is the norm, and the bowlers are treated like automatons? Because if it is, I'm done with cricket. Why not just set up a bowling machine and tell the guy feeding the ball into the machine what speed and length the batsman would like it?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Wow....that game was insane! Still, after the shock has worn off, I can't help but feel this sort of game is a bad thing for cricket overall. To see bowlers reduced to cannon-fodder is something I don't want to see in cricket. Still, Saffies played extremely well to do it.

tooextracool

International Coach
a massive zebra said:
Oh dear...what a complete farce. The fact that two of the worlds leading teams can both concede over 400 runs in the same ODI is nothing but a sad indictment on the general standard of 'top class' bowling today.
and yet how many of those top class bowlers were playing? mcgrath, pollock and nel were all missing.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
*points out something someone said after Aussies scored 434*

hahaha @ u

Of course I knew South Africa were going to chase it from ball one, if you didn't know you're stupid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dasa said:
Wow....that game was insane! Still, after the shock has worn off, I can't help but feel this sort of game is a bad thing for cricket overall. To see bowlers reduced to cannon-fodder is something I don't want to see in cricket. Still, Saffies played extremely well to do it.
Its bad for cricket when you see Australia and South Africa putting out bowling attacks like that, nevermind whether the opposition score 400+ runs or not. If Australia scored 304 and SA chased that down, it'd be a very good match, but there would be no mention of really how garbage some of the int'l bowling we see now-a-days. If it is brought to the fore with scores like this, I'm all for it.

This match may in fact be good for cricket, with the selectors seeing just how crap these bowlers they are dishing out really are.