• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in South Africa***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
I agree - it's like a team going to Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea, going 10-0 down at half-time and then coming back to win in the last minute. It's insane.
Not merely the comeback - the Australian innings was freakish enough!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Christ 434 bloody f***ing runs and you loose.
1) Watch your blasphemy, ****
2) Filter's there for a reason
3) Loose :laugh:

They need to get Tait into this OD team.
Suppose it might make a tiny improvement on Lewis, but I'd strongly advise that they get a good seamer in the team instead.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
aussie said:
well Bangladesh wont be getting too close to this target. I'm going out to spend some time with my girlfriend and when i return in about 3 hours or so i'll be expecting a big Australian win
aussie said:
331/7, i'm backing this inexperienced aussie attack to defend this total.
aussie said:
They wont get close i would put my life on it, Australia have all the momentum they will win by 150 runs minnimum..
I propose a gag order.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Sky had better show highlights of this.
I couldn't give a damn about seeing that level of run-scoring but the joy of the South Africans when they realised first what they were pulling-off and then what they had pulled-off must really be something to see.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
Just because you aren't brave enough? Okay.
No, because it was so clearly a joke comment that your sudden jumping to the conclusion that I was certain that they'd win was ridiculous.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Steulen said:
Definitely a freak match. But it might be very significant in that South Africa have The Edge (lame Damien Martyn pun, sorry 'bout that) over Australia for the first time since Herschelle Gibbs dropped the World Cup. I'm very curious to see what the Test series will bring.
My thoughts exactly... hopefully this might just break Australia's dominance of the ODI scene.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Suppose it might make a tiny improvement on Lewis, but I'd strongly advise that they get a good seamer in the team instead.
Tait would make a big improvement, he has pace & in domestic cricket he has showed he is very good OD bowler. He may be expensive but at times but he'd make a good option for sure..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Demolition Man said:
I'm going off to polish the 99 world cup, you suddies can have the NATIONAL STANDARD BANK ODI TROPHY
I have to say that following your posts today, you are the worst loser I have ever seen.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Hm. We didn't see too many 400s in English domestic cricket after Ali Brown had fun for Surrey in that C&G match...
That game was with seriously shortened boundaries. Today, the ropes were just in 5 yards.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
Amazing how the flat pitch comments were completely absent during the Australian innings...
What do you mean, Katich scored at a strike rate of over 60, of course it was a flat pitch.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
yall mock me if yall want, i was in my right to believe Australia would defend this total since you dont score 434 runs in ODI's every day and lose.
Well, I don't think any of us realised before today just how pitiful the Australian second string bowling attack is.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Oh dear...what a complete farce. The fact that two of the worlds leading teams can both concede over 400 runs in the same ODI is nothing but a sad indictment on the general standard of 'top class' bowling today.