• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in South Africa***

billie424

Cricket Spectator
what a match ... i mean 435 oh my god .... that was a joke .. 335 would have been difficult in the final but 435 really a great match .. but i feel for the bowlers .. i don`t think now we`ll be able to see bowlers like wasim and micheal holding .. because after seeing this match no young cricket lover in the world would want to become a bowler..... really cricket is loosing its touch. After all what is cricket .. battle between ball and bat but this match certainly wasn’t one. it was just a battle between 11 Australian batsmen and 11 South African Batsmen who can just throw the ball and hope for the best.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Its bad for cricket when you see Australia and South Africa putting out bowling attacks like that, nevermind whether the opposition score 400+ runs or not. If Australia scored 304 and SA chased that down, it'd be a very good match, but there would be no mention of really how garbage some of the int'l bowling we see now-a-days. If it is brought to the fore with scores like this, I'm all for it.

This match may in fact be good for cricket, with the selectors seeing just how crap these bowlers they are dishing out really are.
Good point. If a match like this can remove the Lewis' etc from international cricket, that's only a good thing. Still, I don't think all the blame can be on the bowlers. Pitches that are ridiculously flat and devoid of any assistance aren't good for the game at all. I'd much rather see 220 vs 221 than this 400 vs 400 contest, despite the excitement of seeing fours and sixes all over the place.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Demolition Man said:
If you say no you are BSing or delussional. If they played the match again right now another ten times I would back the aussies every time. They lost the unloseable. Thanks Mick.
And what a way they lost it ;) just enjoy the specticle.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Demolition Man said:
They did. Did you not see andrew hall play that shot ???

Aussies didn;t choke, they were just ****house.
Oh so when RSA loses its chokers and when Aussies loses they are merely ****house?

:laugh:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i thought these kind of slogfests were restricted to the subcontinent....anyway congrats to the south africans for holding their nerve and beating australia at least in the shorter version.....! now let's see what they can do in the 5-day version against warne and co.....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anil said:
i thought these kind of slogfests were restricted to the subcontinent....anyway congrats to the south africans for holding their nerve and beating australia at least in the shorter version.....! now let's see what they can do in the 5-day version against warne and co.....
and co?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
billie424 said:
what a match ... i mean 435 oh my god .... that was a joke .. 335 would have been difficult in the final but 435 really a great match .. but i feel for the bowlers .. i don`t think now we`ll be able to see bowlers like wasim and micheal holding .. because after seeing this match no young cricket lover in the world would want to become a bowler..... really cricket is loosing its touch. After all what is cricket .. battle between ball and bat but this match certainly wasn’t one. it was just a battle between 11 Australian batsmen and 11 South African Batsmen who can just throw the ball and hope for the best.
They definitely did after the Ashes. Seeing Warne spin England into a twirl and Jones and Freddy reverse swing the ball ripping through Australia's batting sure got me wanting to bowl, and I'm 19. The effect that would have had on young kids would have been amazing.

I'll join in with this concern if another game occurs like this in the near future. Otherwise I'm willing to put it off as a freak occurence, one that was hella exciting to watch. :)

Doug Sob

Cricket Spectator
Despite the fact that I'm an Australian supporter that was a brilliant game. Gibbs, wow. I do feel that the game has become too much batsmen orientated with curators producing absolute roads and 20/20 cricket which can hardly help bowlers when a batting side can afford to lose a wicket every two overs. All the same great match!

adharcric

International Coach
I'm in utter shock and disbelief. I went to bed at 5 am with South Africa on 25/1, I felt rather sorry for them. Well played Proteas, way to shove it back into Punter, all the more fitting after Warne's comments of Smith making a fool of himself. I'm left speechless in admiration ... waiting for an opportunity to watch this classic.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but why did Ponting keep bowling Lewis instead of Lee? Was it to send a message to selectors? Why would he be willing to sacrifice the series to prove a point..thats bloody treasonous.

And it if WAS for legitimate cricketing reasons, its just flatout incomprehensible and he needs his head checked. Either way its shocking, its prolly the worst performance by a captain ever. Poor show, poor show.

Incidentally does anyone think Bracken will come back into the squad? He's been our best bowler in the last two games and could like SAn conditions. Hoggard whipped them silly over there and Bracken is the closest thing we have. I think its imperative we include a swing bowler anyway to round out the attack, as we have enough hit-the-deck bowlers as it is

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Jono said:
Really, if I didn't have uni tomorrow (or rather later today) I'd stay up all night going through every post bragging about an Australian win (most of them by Demolition Man :ph34r: )and just quote them for fun. :D

EDIT: Seems like Liam is doing it for me :p
Seems like i am bit lucky to go through all the posts... as i just took a day of uni... woohooo to celebrate this occassion...

Edit: Jono they won, coz you didn't place a bet...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush said:
Oh so when RSA loses its chokers and when Aussies loses they are merely ****house?

:laugh:
Less profanity please (as in none at all).

Same goes to Demolition Man, but I can't be bothered to search back for his post to quote it.