• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KP's been good on Channel 10 IMO, think he's a decent commentator.

The thought of him, Warne and Clarke in the comm box at the same time though...:sick:

Tom Flint

International Regular
S marsh
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
M marsh
Nevill
Cummins
Starc
Hazelwood
Lyon
Strong xi in home conditions tbf if all fit to play

Burgey

Word is cummins won't be considered for long form cricket in the immediate future.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah for Australia, my mistake I thought we'd give him a chance. He might play some red/pink ball for NSW.

I was reading a comment from Tubby the other day where he said there are only 5 certainties for the First Test: Warner, Smith, Nevill, Starc and Hazlewood. I found it interesting that he considered Nevill a more permanent fixture in the side over Lyon or Voges. Also, if Mitch Marsh got dropped it would be surprising to say the least, although not that hard to justify.

91Jmay

International Coach
In Aus conditions having a good keeper who can bat but hasn't really shown it yet over a batsmen who keeps makes sense. Can't argue with him being there, although Lyon would be a banker for me as well

Shady Slim

International Coach
yeah nevill has to bat six imo with marsh at seven

have said this before my reasoning isn't just "nev is a better bat" but i don't see marsh having the staying power to frequently stick around whereas nev does, and realistically i feel giving nev more time won't sacrifice any time marsh would have (but marsh at six compromises nevtime)

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah for Australia, my mistake I thought we'd give him a chance. He might play some red/pink ball for NSW.

I was reading a comment from Tubby the other day where he said there are only 5 certainties for the First Test: Warner, Smith, Nevill, Starc and Hazlewood. I found it interesting that he considered Nevill a more permanent fixture in the side over Lyon or Voges. Also, if Mitch Marsh got dropped it would be surprising to say the least, although not that hard to justify.
Isn't Nevill the best keeper in the country? He should be a certain starter then

Burgey

Would like to have heard G Smith here, but him aside the other retired SA cricketers seem to have the personality of a wet paper bag, so at least I suppose Pietersen (who was good during last year's BBL) provides a bit of contemporary insight.