• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So I assume Craig won't be playing the next test?

Did **** all of worth in his last 4 tests against Australia, I'd assume nobody is assuming "fifth time lucky" :laugh:
Unless someone from CW does a Tonya Harding on him, Craig will play.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
I've got no problem with Craig playing; so long as there is an admission that he is a better batsman than bowler and at the moment, a better option than either Anderson or Neesham for the 6 spot with Santner being injured. If they're selecting him based on batting depth, then remove one of the problems in our batting depth for him.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I've got no problem with Craig playing; so long as there is an admission that he is a better batsman than bowler and at the moment, a better option than either Anderson or Neesham for the 6 spot with Santner being injured. If they're selecting him based on batting depth, then remove one of the problems in our batting depth for him.
In Australia Hesson justified his selection by how valuable his batting and slip fielding is to the team, while neglecting to mention his bowling. So they're half way there.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Unless someone from CW does a Tonya Harding on him, Craig will play.
Black Caps eye four-seam attack against Australia on green Hagley Oval | Stuff.co.nz

Henry a certainty. Baz sounds like he's trying to talk Hess into picking Wagz ahead of Craig.

"Matt Henry will come in for Doug Bracewell and it's just trying to work out whether we play Mark Craig or Neil Wagner and that's the decision we've got to make," McCullum said.

"It's not going to be necessarily a pleasant time out there with bat in hand. Maybe it's one of those times when fortune favours the brave. I think it will go around [seam around] for a while, yeah."

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If Bird gets it right this time and Pattinson is the bowler we know...plus Lyon...would back this Aussie attack against any team in the world.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With more than 12 hours until the match starts, shouldn't this thread be reverting to a convoluted argument as to who was a better keeper between Luke Ronchi and Tim Zoehrer?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Australia wins the toss tomorrow, am expecting a rampaging KiwiViktor to end his self imposed exile with a marathon spell of posting concerning the Royal NZ Mint being in conspiracy with the ICC match referee and the visiting captain to keep the Kiwis down.

Followed by a thread outlining why the coin toss should be best out of three.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
It's still the only sport in the world that gives such a head start to a side based on a random event.