• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Gob

International Coach
That's fair enough, although the 60 all out is a pretty hard one not to mention when where getting belittled, especially given those series were just 6-8 months ago.
It was wonderful bowling on a helpful wicket where the ball moved just enough, Didn't beat the bat much, whenever did got the edge and whenever that happened they caught it. Fantastically bad from Aust but i don't think those sequences would take place exactly like that and 8 out of 10 times and 8 out of ten Aust would've made 120. Still pretty bad

Furball

Evil Scotsman
More a classic case of Aussies being able to give and not take I'd suggest.

BTW, no honest NZ fan would say anything other than we were embarrassed by Aust this summer and were miles below the sort of test cricket we're being playing in the 2 years prior to that. However just a gentle reminder we weren't humiliated in the English summer as you were and actually performed better, saying nothing about the last away test series vs. Pakistan in the UAE in which once again we were the better touring side. I'm not for a second suggesting Aust shouldn't be above us on the ratings, but some pretty rich stuff being thrown around here, stuff with very short memories attached to it.
Australia would have drawn 1-1 if they were given a 2 Test series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's fair enough, although the 60 all out is a pretty hard one not to mention when where getting belittled, especially given those series were just 6-8 months ago.
Be easier to mention if your side was involved in it. I suppose you'd have to go back to Hobart half a decade a go

Burgey

Thread's been a nightmare for a couple of weeks. But it will be worth it if it stops the Kiwahs getting uppity and thinking they're a chance

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there's a lesson here its that one underarm throw can make another country insanely jealous for decades

Burgey

On the bright side, there's the Spirit of Cricket Award for NZ to look forward to. Again.

cnerd123

likes this
Goddamn it TNT just after I hype you up you go and get banned. Now there are no real proper trolls around here anymore. Well, maybe Gnske, Gob and TJB, but they're all just too loveable.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If there's a lesson here its that one underarm throw can make another country insanely jealous for decades
That was the first match I ever watched and made an indelible mark.

The country went upside down with furore for the following few weeks. The Prime Ministers of both countries had to get involved.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Here's the whole over. I am posting this so you can note Hadlee getting sawn off by a flagrantly CHEATING home town Australian umpire. Strangely that decision has never bothered us as we became numb to blatant ridiculous decisions in the 1980s. The ICC's decision to use neutral umpires was one of the greatest turn of events ever.

Zinzan

Be easier to mention if your side was involved in it. I suppose you'd have to go back to Hobart half a decade a go
Haha, well that's true Burgey & sadly from a kiwi POV, citing the recent 60 does feel a little less-weak a jab as Hobart 5 years ago.

But yeah, shouldn't be taking the bait tbf.

Debris

International 12th Man

Here's the whole over. I am posting this so you can note Hadlee getting sawn off by a flagrantly CHEATING home town Australian umpire. Strangely that decision has never bothered us as we became numb to blatant ridiculous decisions in the 1980s. The ICC's decision to use neutral umpires was one of the greatest turn of events ever.
Lol at cheating. It probably not out but even after watching several times I am not certain it pitched outside leg, particularly with bad camera angle. There have certainly been much worse decisions than that from neutral umpires, even with DRS.

TheJediBrah

Lol at cheating. It probably not out but even after watching several times I am not certain it pitched outside leg, particularly with bad camera angle. There have certainly been much worse decisions than that from neutral umpires, even with DRS.
NZ cricket fans make "whinging poms" look like bloody good sports in comparison.

These last few months have really opened my eyes.

OverratedSanity

NZ are idiots. You should've turned the tables on Australia by threatening to cancel the tour unless they changed the umpire. Though in that case, Australia wouldn't be too bothered and just waved them goodbye to the airport anyway.

Daemon

From a neutral POV it is extremely disappointing NZ weren't at their best during both series. We've had two top class bowlers turn to **** over the last few years and it sucks big time for cricket as a whole.