• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Blimey what on earth is going on here? Aus looked in full control around an hour ago and now they are in trouble!!..with Hughes once again falling to spin, honestly if anyone deserved to be "suspended" it's him for pretending to be a batsman!!.

the big bambino

International Captain
I agree you can't read anything into one dismissal.

How about an accumulated career then?

Clarke at 3: Ave is 12.5
Clarke at 4: Ave is 22.2
Clarke at 5: Ave is 63.95.

Now of course I'm not Ian Chappell who reckons he knows it all bcos he crowned himself king **** of turd island.

For those of us who aren't Ian Chappell I reckon those figures tell you something and you wouldn't want to swap him around the order.

BulkBogan

Cricket Spectator
I know the selectors wanted to back Phil Hughes and were painted into a corner after the four axings, but selecting him in this Test was a morbid decision.

He was destined to fail and it will just utterly decimate his already shattered confidence heading into an Ashes series in which he was badly needed at number 3.

Would have been a much better idea to rest him for remainder of series, send him back to Aus to get runs in the Shield and then an early-season county stint prior to the Ashes. Instead he has become cannon fodder.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know the selectors wanted to back Phil Hughes and were painted into a corner after the four axings, but selecting him in this Test was a morbid decision.

He was destined to fail and it will just utterly decimate his already shattered confidence heading into an Ashes series in which he was badly needed at number 3.

Would have been a much better idea to rest him for remainder of series, send him back to Aus to get runs in the Shield and then an early-season county stint prior to the Ashes. Instead he has become cannon fodder.
Yeah but it is what it is. He's in there by default. I definitely wouldn't have selected him if we had another top order bat available (not Maxwell). Should be put on ice until England.

WindieWeathers

International Regular

Clarke at 5: Ave is 63.95.

Now of course I'm not Ian Chappell who reckons he knows it all bcos he crowned himself king **** of turd island.

For those of us who aren't Ian Chappell I reckon those figures tell you something and you wouldn't want to swap him around the order.
Same thing with Chanderpaul, we tried moving him around and it effected his performances, if Australia have any sense they'd leave their best player exactly where he wants to be.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Hughes is easily one of the worst players of spin, if not the worst, at the moment. That was just torturous watching him out there.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hughes could do a lot worse than watch Steve Smith bat. Doesn't have a great technique but is positive and busy and looking for runs.

Hughes is the opposite at the moment.

aussie tragic

International Captain

Clarke at 5: Ave is 63.95
Clarke at 6: Ave is 50.68

In fairness, you forgot his efforts at # 6 which I've added in above ;)