• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

ganeshran

International Debutant
Nah look, these guys had 6 days to complete a basic task that they could have done in a text message. They didn't do it. They are not hard done by. They are lazy idiots.
Maybe CA could have fined them if they wanted to send a message. Dropping your best fast bowler for a trivial issue makes absolutely no sense at all

Noppe

School Boy/Girl Captain
What trivial bull****. Unless they were explicitly told they had to do it and this was the consequence, I wouldnt take this request that seriously either.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe CA could have fined them if they wanted to send a message. Dropping your best fast bowler for a trivial issue makes absolutely no sense at all
Well Pattinson would have been rested anyway, but it makes plenty of sense. you've got a team order. Follow it, or else. It's that simple.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I don't really mind the 'punishment' except that it means the same nuffies from the last test will all get a run.

Let's face it, if this same squad gets selected for the Ashes we have no chance.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Of all of them, Pattinson is the one with the worst case for staying in the team. If you're trying to build a team culture you can't let people off just because they're your best player.

uvelocity

International Coach
maybe it shouldnt take them 6 days to ask the players what they reckoned they were there for

maybe the team management need some instruction on how to deal with people

this statement from arthurs has me confused/worried:
"I think the best thing that these three days off have given me is reflection time, to reflect on how well have I been going in my job, like I expect everyone else to do when you're 2-0 down in the series. Myself and Pup came to the conclusion that we have been so focused on winning cricket games that maybe some people have been cutting corners. Perhaps there have been some soft options taken.
it's bizzare that he then goes on to say watson always prepares 100% but usman has no hustle. so it's not the same people cutting corners, submitting the essay or playing in the team. did arthurs write an essay? is essay writing going to make them better players - people often learn in different ways.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's seriously amazing that watson's and pattinson's line is that they were gonna to do it today. after they got the task on tuesday. stunning.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it's seriously amazing that watson's and pattinson's line is that they were gonna to do it today. after they got the task on tuesday. stunning.
Or maybe they thought that it was a heap of **** and they werent going to waste their time on it

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't get why they'd have to write anything though mid series.

Couldn't they just talk about it over heavens forbid, a beer. I feel bad for Usman.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dominic Cork has been surprisingly trenchant on Hughes's balls, or lack thereof.

During our Sky's coverage of the second test he, in more or less so many words, called him a panty waister.

Said something like,

"Having played with him at Hants, I'd question whether he's the kind of guy you'd want in the trenches beside you."

Re homeworkgate: I must admit, as a serial non hander in, I have the utmost sympathy for for the four recalcitrant players.

Whichever way you cut it, it's a bull**** activity. If Arthur wants to indulge in some face-spiting nose severing, then he's a larger twatt than he comes across as.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
they shouldve done it really especially considering how small it was and how long they had to do it but standing them down is to far imo shouldve said look ****s do it by tomorrow or ill be pissed and then be done with it. but really it was a **** idea in the first place