• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

ajdude

International Coach
i'd be looking at pattinson/doherty/pattinson here

actually as long as it's pattinson/??/pattinson idc

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I guess the chance of a wicket tonight is better than another 5-10 runs. Scaly will have steam coming out of his ears if he is watching this.
It is about whether the increased risk of a wicket tonight over what would have happened otherwise is equivalent to the expected number of runs the last wicket partnership would have made.

I think 3 overs is a little too short for it to be the percentage play. 6-8 overs I think it would be a reasonable move, as Pattinson is suited to that sort of spell.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but the way you blokes have carried on about it constantly you'd think he was a massive proven failure. Yeah he's a bit past it but in this game we've also got:

- Murali Vijay playing
- Ishant Sharma playing
- Xavier Doherty playing
- Glenn Maxwell playing as a bowler

etc etc.

Honestly, the fact that someone who was a genuinely good bowler has earned a bit of an undeserved recall and isn't quite at his best is the least of the worries for either side. And he's bowled better today than Ojha would've IMO. It's not the end of the world if Harbhajan takes a few wickets; just accept it.
Disagree, imo.

And i've gone on about Vijay playing too, but he isn't getting runs anyway and especially runs on flat tracks against a poor attack. As for Ishant he shouldn't be in the team too, but his direct replacement in the squad even if he's dropped is Dinda....so yeah.

Also, it's not the end of the world but Harbhajan sticking around will cost India sooner or later given his current form. So unless he shows consistent signs of improvement then not wanting him to do enough to keep his place is justified. Wade could have played that loose shot to basically anyone, and Siddle was looking dodgy against either.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Oh god. This is so tragic it's almost funny. Almost ten years since Clarke's debut. What did he do to deserve a team like this.