• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The criticism of Denly's selection is far too ott imo. Apart from Trott who are the other outstanding candidates, plus his List-A average really is OK. It's not his fault he plays against bowlers who are nowhere near the skill level of the Australians.

Some might feel making excuses for him, but I think some don't understand the huge step up in class from CC.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well I don't give a toss about that anyway. Would happily get rid of all international limited overs cricket full stop and have all 5 match test series if money wasn't an issue.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The problem with this line of thinking is that for every Joe Denly that gets a shot despite having done nothing whatsoever to deserve it there's a Jonathan Trott that has been churning out copious amounts of List A runs for as long as anyone can remember but repeatedly gets snubbed.
Trott will definitely get his chance.

Dissector

International Debutant
When this silly trend towards 7 match ODI series started I thought it would be rather embarrassing if the home team just kept taking a beating game after game; bad enough over 5 games but positively unbearable over 7. I guess none of us should be surprised that it's England which is first exploring this scenario. The loyalty of the English crowds is rather touching though. Or is it masochism? :laugh:

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
When this silly trend towards 7 match ODI series started I thought it would be rather embarrassing if the home team just kept taking a beating game after game; bad enough over 5 games but positively unbearable over 7. I guess none of us should be surprised that it's England which is first exploring this scenario. The loyalty of the English crowds is rather touching though. Or is it masochism? :laugh:
I think it's commonly refered to as seventy-five-quid-per-ticket-paid-in-advance-ism.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh England. Michael Vaughan says that Denly "looks" like an international cricketer so that make everything ok.

Bopara, Prior and Shah surley have to go though. Pietersen, Trott and a new keeper for South Africa should make us at least a passable side rather than this.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It is very stupid that we had to give our Champions Trophy squad to the ICC before this series. Why is that? It would have been better if we could have changed players because then we could have changed people during this series.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Might as well bin this whole batting line-up bar Strauss, and possibly Bopara (sorry, Ravi bias, I'd keep him in there :p I'd just bat him down the order a touch). Need some new faces, with some players who actually know what they're doing in OD cricket. This lot seem to have had so many chances, and continued to be terrible, so we have to get rid of them. There are some talented OD batsmen in England, we're just not picking them. Kieswetter better get picked when he's qualified.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Or batting has been rubbish, but there's such a gulf in class between the bowlers too. There's none of our bowlers that's better than theirs.

Bracken > Sidebottom
Lee > Anderson
Johnson > Bresnan
Watson/Hopes > Mascarenhas/Hopes
Hauritz > Swann

King Pietersen

International Captain
Problem is, there's not really anyone in County Cricket good enough to replace them. There are at least batsmen in CC that are better than this lot. There are very few good OD bowlers in England for some reason, so we're basically stuck with this lot until Fred comes back.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or batting has been rubbish, but there's such a gulf in class between the bowlers too. There's none of our bowlers that's better than theirs.

Bracken > Sidebottom
Lee > Anderson
Johnson > Bresnan
Watson/Hopes > Mascarenhas/Hopes
Hauritz > Swann
Broad, Anderson, Sidebottom, Swann. Be fair, that's not a bad attack. They haven't really fired in the ODIs, but they're not bad.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Problem is, there's not really anyone in County Cricket good enough to replace them. There are at least batsmen in CC that are better than this lot. There are very few good OD bowlers in England for some reason, so we're basically stuck with this lot until Fred comes back.
At least it would have been good if we could have had Broad playing, he's easily our best OD bowler.