• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Australia in England 2020 (Non-Ashes)*****

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I guess the question from the Australian point of view is whether these losses are simply due to rust or whether we should be worried.

Groundking

International Debutant
I guess the question from the Australian point of view is whether these losses are simply due to rust or whether we should be worried.
Yeah it's not like we've (England) not been fantastic in the short stuff for the past 4 years is it?

Starfighter

Apparently reviewing a bat before wicket was not significant enough to make the highlights. I wonder if the selection was a tad biased.

Also can't help but notice that Archer is bowling 90 mph again now he's facing an opponent he cares about.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember the last limited overs series we had over there was a 5-0 win for England. Both the matches have been sort of close. Maybe I under-rate our limited overs side but I don't think this is that far out of expectation.

stephen

Yeah it's not like we've (England) not been fantastic in the short stuff for the past 4 years is it?
Remember the last limited overs series we had over there was a 5-0 win for England. Both the matches have been sort of close. Maybe I under-rate our limited overs side but I don't think this is that far out of expectation.
There's no doubting that England is a good t20 side, but Australia was ranked #1 in the format. By contrast we were ranked 5th or 6th going into the ODI world cup. ODIs are Australia's worst format right now but losing a t20 series at this stage should be cause for concern leading into the world cup.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently reviewing a bat before wicket was not significant enough to make the highlights. I wonder if the selection was a tad biased.

Also can't help but notice that Archer is bowling 90 mph again now he's facing an opponent he cares about.
Uh maybe it’s to do with the fact that he only has to bowl two two over spells

Woodster

International Captain

Uh maybe it’s to do with the fact that he only has to bowl two two over spells
Yes absolutely when you only have four overs to bowl in a day you know you can steam in. However, both Archer and pundits suggest it's not easy to rock up in Test cricket and bowl 90mph spells, sometimes you can't just get your pace up there, but whenever it's a T20 he can crank it up.

Groundking

International Debutant

He was bowling mostly 90 mph stuff in the last test against Pakistan tbf to him.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Baffled that Australia haven't selected Phillipe in these T20s. Okay you don't want to mess up the Warner/Finch partnership, but it should be sufficient enough to slot him in at 3. He's a young gun - why are they holding him back? Warner, Finch, Phillipe, Smith, Maxwell, Carey would be my top 6 - with Stoinis as first reserve opener

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Pick Phillipe and dump Carey :devil2:
I can get behind this. Carey has had a decent run down the order in t20I's and has been pretty ****. No better time to do it with carey no longer vc and the 3rd game being a dead rubber.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Or, Australia could go full England and pick both Carey and Phillipe to get in as many wicketkeeper-batsmen as possible

(Relax, I'm not serious)