• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Australia in England 2020 (Non-Ashes)*****

Jack1

International Debutant
Good finish from England. Good win. Close contest in the end, way closer than it should have been

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha you could tell from his face that Buttler knew he was hitting that last ball for six. What a player.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yep. Could shuffle the top 4 but that's what I'd go for too.
Bairstow's the one I'm not really all that sold on, especially if he's not opening.

I'm also firmly in the "Buttler shouldn't be opening" camp. He's perfectly good at it but because he's so rarely good at something else that everyone else seems to suck at, even the idea that he's ever opened for a solitary game in the first place to make this a conversation topic is weird to me.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bairstow's the one I'm not really all that sold on, especially if he's not opening.

I'm also firmly in the "Buttler shouldn't be opening" camp. He's perfectly good at it but because he's so rarely good at something else that everyone else seems to suck at, even the idea that he's ever opened for a solitary game in the first place to make this a conversation topic is weird to me.
You can blame Rajasthan Royals for that. :)

Howe_zat

Audio File

Buttler averages 22 batting at 5-6, which shouldn't be compared to his opening stats, but it isn't head and shoulders above, the overall batting average in those positions is just over 20. Opening he actually is miles above the mean, so I think it works. It's also worthwhile to get your best bat right now, which on the strength of his summer Buttler definitely is, facing as many balls as you can

91Jmay

International Coach
Shane Warne just said that they moved Buttler up the order because there are a few guys who can finish but not many who can open like that. I just fundamentally disagree with that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I honestly think Billings can be a very good finisher. There maybe a case to go:

Buttler
Roy
Malan
Morgan
Billings
Stokes
Moeen
Rashid
Archer
Jordan
Wood

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly think Billings can be a very good finisher. There maybe a case to go:

Buttler
Roy
Malan
Morgan
Billings
Stokes
Moeen
Rashid
Archer
Jordan
Wood
WTH with all the talent at our disposal would we pick Billings of all people?

Anyway, for me Bairstow, Tom Curran, banton dropped from current side for Root,Stokes, Roy. Bairstow's T20 record not as great as his 50 overs, I tend to look at each format as a seperate entity. Root scores nearly 36 at this form at not an actual slow-coach 126, no need for him not to play, plays ahead of Roy and Bairstow for me obviously streets ahead of Banton and Billings..

Just the type of player we could have done with last match to steady the ship and score a better total, after an implosion.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James Faulkner was the GOAT T20 finisher and all rounder for the 2 years he was good tbh