• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Australia in England 2020 (Non-Ashes)*****

Groundking

International Debutant
I see that none of the England test players are playing the T20's vs Pakistan. Are they playing the T20's vs Australia? Is Stokes available or still in NZ?

I imagine Root, Butler and Stokes would walk into the T20 side but I can't see the squad published anywhere?
Root doesn't get into our strongest T20 side.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
England have announced squads for the t20's and odi's

England Men’s Vitality IT20 squad:
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) (captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire), Tom Banton (Somerset), Sam Billings (Kent), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Sam Curran (Surrey), Tom Curran (Surrey), Joe Denly (Kent), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Dawid Malan (Yorkshire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Mark Wood (Durham).

Reserves:

Liam Livingstone (Lancashire), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire)

England Men’s Royal London Series squad:
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) (captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire), Tom Banton (Somerset), Sam Billings (Kent), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Sam Curran (Surrey), Tom Curran (Surrey), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham).

Reserves:

Joe Denly (Kent), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire).

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
England Men’s Vitality IT20 squad:

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) (captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire), Tom Banton (Somerset), Sam Billings (Kent), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Sam Curran (Surrey), Tom Curran (Surrey), Joe Denly (Kent), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Dawid Malan (Yorkshire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Mark Wood (Durham).

Reserves:

Liam Livingstone (Lancashire), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire).

England Men’s Royal London Series squad:

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) (captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire), Tom Banton (Somerset), Sam Billings (Kent), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Sam Curran (Surrey), Tom Curran (Surrey), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham).

Reserves:

Joe Denly (Kent), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire).

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Willey pretty hard done by imo.

Seemed to have found his swing again vs Ireland, bowled with good pace and contributed well with the bat. Yes it was only Ireland who aren't the strongest but still.

At this moment I'd certainly have Willey ahead of Sam Curran. They are probably looking more long term, but I'd still question the decision.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Curran over Willey in ODI squad is odd considering his form vs Ireland. Is Willey injured or something.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I don't think there's really anything to separate Scurran and Willey's bowling on principle, but agree he's been harshly treated

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Willey is a bit faster then curran and swings it more, doesn't he? Wiley's death bowling is garbage but does that matter with archer and wood in the squad.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Interesting squads, There is a case for a few other players but in fairness we do have a good deal of depth in this formats

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the end as all the comms say this side is totally picked on whom Morgan trusts, so almost seems pointless to discuss it, as he's done quite well for us. He clearly does not "trust" the likes of Willey, Topley, Hain, Brown, so they're not in, even though they'd all be in amongst replacements at least for me, except maybe Brown. I guesss he hopes the pace of Wood, Archer, plus Curran gives us more variety than the hideously samey attack yesterday, and he maybe right.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have no paid any attention to this series happening until now but it should actually be pretty fun.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poor choice of bowlers imo.

Neither of the Currans are that good and neither is Saqib. Willey and Topley must be peeved.