• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Athletics Thread

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised Scaly is even watching the Olympics seeing as though scrabble, arcade games and ham sandwich eating contests won't be included in the event until at least Rio 2016.

Burgey

Awww, if you like I can go down to the arcades and get some more of these for the Australian Olympic team. Might make them feel a bit better.

Then you'd have to leave your stock of Mountain Dew and your darkened room; and risk being exposed to natural light.

I don't want you out of your milieu.

Jacknife

International Captain
It's got to be said Jess out of all the GB athletes had a ton of pressure on her in the run up to this games but boy she's handled it brilliantly so far.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's got to be said Jess out of all the GB athletes had a ton of pressure on her in the run up to this games but boy she's handled it brilliantly so far.
Yep, they were talking about it being like Freeman in Sydney. Still think she should just take up the hurdles and sprint's. I'm convinced she could get gold in them for less effort/stress.

Jacknife

International Captain
Yep, they were talking about it being like Freeman in Sydney. Still think she should just take up the hurdles and sprint's. I'm convinced she could get gold in them for less effort/stress.
Probably will when she gets a touch older, although that didn't work out for Kluft, mainly due to injury though.

flibbertyjibber

Yep, and eased the pressure on Farah and Greene as well by getting the medal we want.

Might inspire the long jumpers in a wide open competition as well.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Our comms are pretty ordinary tbh. I think one is Jane Fleming. The rowing commentary has James Brayshaw and he's an appalling cheerleader. Probably our worst aside from Ray Hadley.
Really? He always seems really optimistic, but he gives credit where it's due to all the other competitors, and especially those who beat us, which I couldn't say about others who make it sound like they only got up because we were below our best.

Also, the rowing commentators must be given a terrible broadcasting position, because they seem so hamstrung by the vision on TV rather than providing us with their own view, even as it comes towards the line.