• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the SCG

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit weird to see subcontinent fans disparaging a deck like this. Would be a fairly unremarkable 2nd day Indian deck, which is fine.

It's definitely a bit slower than I was expecting, though. Again.
Not all of us like an unremarkable 2nd day Indian deck just because we're subcontinent fans.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Today was the first day of the series which I slept through all - the disappointment when I woke up and saw the score was almost painful

Compton

International Debutant
Why does everyone keep coming up with excuses for the likes of Smith and Kohli scoring loads of runs?

Just enjoy it ffs.

Daemon

I really do think they're fine though. The explosion of scores in India is a Kohli thing, not a pitch thing.
Yeah I don't mind them either. Nair 300 and Giant 100 is kinda taking the piss though.

Spikey

Why does everyone keep coming up with excuses for the likes of Smith and Kohli scoring loads of runs?

Just enjoy it ffs.
It's probably because Steve Smith becoming the second greatest batsman of all time owns almost everybody who had an internet connection between 2010 and 2012 and people don't like being owned

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's probably because Steve Smith becoming the second greatest batsman of all time owns almost everybody who had an internet connection between 2010 and 2012 and people don't like being owned
Present proof you predicted it or gtfo.

I said he was **** then and I'll say it again.

Burgey

Yeah Warne is awesome on that one topic.

Only Smith can start a new day like this. Facing a seam bowler with 500 plus test wickets bowling to a 7-2 field from around the wicket, so he walks across exposing *all three* stumps and works it behind square for two. Consistently.

At the start of a day’s play.

Feast your eyes boys, because it might look ugly at times but I’ve never seen a player like him in 40 years’ watching and playing, and I don’t reckon we will again.