• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the SCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crane bowling a really good spell to Ussie here. Would be well served getting a single.

Gob

International Coach
It’s not to feed Smithy anymore than the Indian pitches are to feed Kohli. The pitches here AND there are just crap and in particular here designed to make the game last five days and fill the revenue requirements of each venue.
Nah **** it they are averaging that much because they are good. Rest of the bunch are averaging in the normal range

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad's done more with the bat this series than the ball, which no one could have predicted.

Starfighter

Has anybody seen Crane's supposed googly that one of the ABC comms was yakking about?

Edit: there it is.

Last edited:

TNT

Banned
Cricket should be banned in Australia.First they destroyed ODI cricket by making horrendous pitches during ICC WC 2015 and now these pathetic Test wickets just to feed their captain
Have you thought about what would happen to the england batsmen if there was a bit more in it for the Australian bowlers.

TheJediBrah

Cricket should be banned in Australia.First they destroyed ODI cricket by making horrendous pitches during ICC WC 2015 and now these pathetic Test wickets just to feed their captain
**** he's worked out our secret

We'll have to take care of this guy before he figures out our secret plans to destroy T20s . . .

Victor Ian

International Coach
Warner has been quiet this series but not poor by any means. The pitches this year haven't really come on quite as he would have liked so his runs have been slower.

I think this has been a really good sign. He's maturing as a batsman and taking responsibility. Would love to see a big hundred.
Where Smith is the first innings hundreder Warner is our second innings hundreder.

Spark

Global Moderator
Bit weird to see subcontinent fans disparaging a deck like this. Would be a fairly unremarkable 2nd day Indian deck, which is fine.

It's definitely a bit slower than I was expecting, though. Again.

Burgey

5/233 iirc
Seven for 300 odd then. Not a bad days play, certainly a step up on the Melbourne deck. This will turn hard days four and five. Gonna be a stinker tomorrow and it’ll be dry as a nun’s nasty.

Gob

International Coach
Good to see Uzy making runs. He's still the 3rd best batsman in Australia in my books.
If this literally means playing in Aus yeah sure easily

Think Shaun Marsh has evolved in to a better all round batsman these days

Son Of Coco

He's lost some weight, but by my understanding it's through a combination of exercise and good nutrition. I strongly doubt he's just eating grass.