• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester - 10th-14th of September

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
The ECB could demand a forfeiture as England fans would want and level the series, in which case the BCCI would bid them good luck for the $20mn revenue loss they are going to suffer from it.

Or they will take the sensible option and agree to reschedule it in the future, likely exchange it for more LOI's in our tour next year.

Either way I hope we can stop the 5-Match tours with England and have them with the Aussies instead. It would be nice to beat them at the Gabba and Perth at the same time and reduce our chance of bottling a 4 match series at home as we almost did the last time.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ECB could demand a forfeiture as England fans would want and level the series, in which case the BCCI would bid them good luck for the $20mn revenue loss they are going to suffer from it.
As mentioned earlier, they're discussing a payout or whatevs as we speak.

Burner

International Regular
If the ECB had any spine they'd call it for what it is. A forfeiture. Unfortunately, they don't.

Spark

Global Moderator
Forfeiture? England didn't forfeit the 3 ODI games when they walked out of the South African tour in Dec due to Covid concerns. Why would they expect a forfeiture now?
in a word: money

It is understood that the ECB are still pushing hard for this match to be considered a "forfeiture" - ie, India declining to play - because they fear that their insurance payments for the match may not apply if it is considered a bilateral "cancellation", especially given that India's squad returned a full round of negative tests on Thursday, so it is not - in their view - a straightforward Covid cancellation.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ravi there's no way I can lose this... unless, of course, my ten all-stars and Rahane... fall victim to eleven separate COVID diagnoses... and are unable to play tomorrow. But that will never happen. Three diagnoses, that's possible... seven diagnoses, there's an outside chance... but eleven diagnoses - I'd like to see that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ravi there's no way I can lose this... unless, of course, my ten all-stars and Rahane... fall victim to eleven separate COVID diagnoses... and are unable to play tomorrow. But that will never happen. Three diagnoses, that's possible... seven diagnoses, there's an outside chance... but eleven misfortunes - I'd like to see that.
why did i read this in trump voice

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ravi there's no way I can lose this... unless, of course, my ten all-stars and Rahane... fall victim to eleven separate COVID diagnoses... and are unable to play tomorrow. But that will never happen. Three diagnoses, that's possible... seven diagnoses, there's an outside chance... but eleven diagnoses - I'd like to see that.
lel

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
nah all those player PCR tests that were confirmed "negative" last night were clearly doctored imo, India actually the victim of a massive conspiracy, they are the real victims here