• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at Old Trafford, Manchester - 10th-14th of September

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It will be interesting - to say the least - to see how this plays out. The ECB wording raises questions for me - "India are unable to field a team." Surely, if everyone has tested negative to COVID as far as we know, that isn't true? They appear to have chosen not to field a team, which to my mind puts a different slant on whether or not this is a forfeit.

Not for a second do I think that the final decision will be a forfeit and a 2-2 series result, mind.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It will be interesting - to say the least - to see how this plays out. The ECB wording raises questions for me - "India are unable to field a team." Surely, if everyone has tested negative to COVID as far as we know, that isn't true? They appear to have chosen not to field a team, which to my mind puts a different slant on whether or not this is a forfeit.

Not for a second do I think that the final decision will be a forfeit and a 2-2 series result, mind.
There has to be some Covid clause for cancellations these days. Very little chance this will count as a forfeit imo. Someone in the camp is positive (physio was it?) so its reason enough for them to be worried.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If this is about protecting the IPL, then this is going to get messy. But then how do you prove that

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There has to be some Covid clause for cancellations these days. Very little chance this will count as a forfeit imo.
If the players don’t have Covid does it count as a Covid cancellation though?

I don’t know the rules btw. Just wondering.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If this is about protecting the IPL, then this is going to get messy. But then how do you prove that
I mean I'd guess the bcci have agreed some deal to compensate the ecb which is all that matters at the end of the day for the boards. Lets be honest England aren't reaching the final of the WTC, and the ecb don't really care whether it's 2-1 or 2-2.

Fans get ****ed but no-one from the ecb or bcci really cares about that.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If the players don’t have Covid does it count as a Covid cancellation though?

I don’t know the rules btw. Just wondering.
virus incubates and could take time for a positive test after false negatives

like someone could test positive 2 or 3 days from now after testing negative

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I think theegyptian hit the nail on the proverbial head. The IPL is worth over £300,000,000 to the BCCI. So they dump 5% in the ECB’s pocket as compensation and all the suits are happy.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Whether honest or not about the concerns and the covid circumstances, the optics does not look good from the BCCI and players. Not that the BCCI really cares.