• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Fiery said:
I really hope you are joking

hes not joking

under 3 an over on this pitch is managable

the only thing working againts england is the sheer stupidity of thier batsmens shot selection

10 catches need to be dropped by australia to give england a hope of chasing

i can guarantee u, apart frmo bell and cook all englishmen will get out playing stupid shots

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kinda annoyed atm. Went out for dinner for my brother's birthday when Gilchrist was on 30 odd. Got back in the car, and turned on the radio to find this

pasag

RTDAS
Not bad for a bunch of geriatrics tbh. I've taped the whole day and am looking forward to sitting down now and watching 7 or so hours of commercial free brilliance.

Mixed feeling about boxing day being a dead rubber, although my 5-0 prediction is still safe. YAY.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Matt79 said:
My God - that was simply awesome. Best hour of play I've ever watched on telly from a batsman. He may be in decline, but so long as he's this good, I hope he keeps on going for years to come. Shame he didn't get the record, or even equal Viv - it would be no shame to be in the record book next to Richards.

Kinda surprised Ponting declared, but hopefully we'll get a wicket or two...
u kidding me?? Im so glad he didnt break vivs record, it was an amazing innings but vivs was more spectacular, especially considering at the rate others scored around him. so many batsmen are scoring so much faster nowadays cuz of hte pitches

nevertheless it was a great innings, but certainly not deserving of breakin vivs record

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
u kidding me?? Im so glad he didnt break vivs record, it was an amazing innings but vivs was more spectacular, especially considering at the rate others scored around him. so many batsmen are scoring so much faster nowadays cuz of hte pitches

nevertheless it was a great innings, but certainly not deserving of breakin vivs record
Viv was a much better batsman than Yousuf...are you happy Yousuf beat his record?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
stumpski said:
Can't work out whether Boycs agrees with the decision or not.

"There's no way he couldn't have given that not out."
Judging by the way he shouted "that's out" 2 or 3 times before the finger went up, I guess he agreed with it.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Don't try and make excuses for England, Australia > England, and will do for years to come. Hussey, Clarke, Ponting, Hayden, Gilchrist, Langer are just too good for our bowlers at the moment.

Craig

World Traveller
andyc said:
Kinda annoyed atm. Went out for dinner for my brother's birthday when Gilchrist was on 30 odd. Got back in the car, and turned on the radio to find this
A combination of late nights/too many early mornings (it is at a point where I consider 6.30am a sleep in) meant I was pretty tired and missed the whole lot. I got home took a lay down and fell into a deep sleep and that was it.

Judging by the scores should I even bother watching tomorrow or for the rest of the series? Except for day 1 and some of day 2 I have found this pretty boring, in the context that it has been pretty onesided from there on in.

Anyhow say what you like about Ashley Giles but I'm sad to hear about his wife. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Matt79

Global Moderator
mohammad16 said:

Yes, I'm sure Viv's 56-ball ton came against unrelentingly brilliant bowling from an all-time great attack. To have an innings like Viv's and Gilchrist's it's kinda obvious that the bowling is going to be average at best. You can go on about how scoring rates have increased in general yada yada yada, the fact is its a 21 year old record and the previously second, now third, fastest hundred was Jack Gregory from the 1920s...

I'd have had a slight regret for another of Viv's records to be surpassed, but Gilchrist would be an extremely worthy successor - I bet Viv enjoyed watching today's knock if he saw it.