• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

Woodster

International Captain
As thoroughly entertaining and captivating as this is, such a shame we get a decent crowd back in watching Test cricket and we produce a pitch that may result in a two-day Test match. Really poor. These teams are good enough and are closely enough matched to have produced a fascinating Test without the intervention of an explosive pitch. Bizarrely may work in our favour, but time will tell.

Spark

Global Moderator
It does do that, but I think the right side of the ball might have actually touched the pad before that happened.

No question he hit it or that it deviated, just whether it brushed the pad before any of that happened. I think it's really hard to tell.
I don't know how you can possibly make a judgment that it "brushed the pad" though. The deviation surely has to be decisive.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
the mid-off angle made it look like pad first, what we really needed was snicko/ultra edge with that angle to clarify. Or hotspot even.

I figure if there is doubt it's not out, so in that sense it's the right call, but then also don't you need conclusive evidence to overturn the onfield call? In which case the evidence wasn't conclusive that it was not out either.

Difficult call. Either way, I'm not giving that out live. Ump had to be really sure it was pad first to give that.
I think the standing umpire just missed the edge live entirely. I did.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Forgetting the grandstanding lying of Burgey here, the protocol is that you need clear evidence of bat first and there was none of that. Crawley should probably take back his 50-50 call here.

Pitch getting slower though. Maybe 150 won't be a big chase after all.

cnerd123

likes this
As thoroughly entertaining and captivating as this is, such a shame we get a decent crowd back in watching Test cricket and we produce a pitch that may result in a two-day Test match.
maybe that's the plan all along

send the crowds home early, reduce the risk of another massive covid outbreak

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
As thoroughly entertaining and captivating as this is, such a shame we get a decent crowd back in watching Test cricket and we produce a pitch that may result in a two-day Test match. Really poor. These teams are good enough and are closely enough matched to have produced a fascinating Test without the intervention of an explosive pitch. Bizarrely may work in our favour, but time will tell.
Entertaining > complaining