• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
does it at the referral stage? at that point you're looking for clear evidence to overturn the decision, which im not sure there was despite agreeing it was not out
I would agree with that normally, but in such dismissals I suspect umpires give it out knowing that the batsman will refer if it was bat first. With that assumption, I would argue this was a very good call.

Shri

Mr. Glass
i'd open with pant in the 4th innings

if they open with spinners, tell him to slog everything down the ground lmao

cnerd123

likes this
The umps started the series reasonably well but they're looking out of their depth somewhat now. Maybe there should be some talk around mental stress for umpires too especially in COVID-impacted series.
not anymore out of their depth that the batsmen have been

umpiring spinners on a turning track is the hardest skillset. I doubt umpires from any other part of the world that have not encountered these conditions would do any better.

Posters in this thread are getting things wrong too, and we've all got the benefit of watching at home

Arachnodouche

International Captain
We did not have an umpire in the elite panel for a number of years after Venkat retired, didn't we? Our umpiring standards are woeful. Any chance Dravid can fix that next? :)
Venkat was pretty awful by the end of his tenure too. The number of times he gave people out as an afterthought.