• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Flem274*

123/5
It's definitely more than a week. I hope they're not playing the game of "Hah, how crazy was that? Concussions in cricket never happen like that, it won't happen again. He's hardly likely to be at risk."

I guess not, but would rather not see him get clocked or fall awkwardly.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
‘New Zealand’s chances of levelling the three-test cricket series against England have taken a blow, with captain Kane Williamson ruled out after contracting Covid-19 in Nottingham.

Williamson tested positive on Friday morning (NZT) after dinner on test eve, having conducted his pre-test media conference earlier in the day.’

ataraxia

International Coach
No good for Kane's away average, that

Latham
Young
Conway
Nicholls
Mitchell
Blundell
Macewell
Jamieson
Southee
Henry
Boult

I guess. Not an inspiring side.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
‘New Zealand’s chances of levelling the three-test cricket series against England have taken a blow, with captain Kane Williamson ruled out after contracting Covid-19 in Nottingham.

Williamson tested positive on Friday morning (NZT) after dinner on test eve, having conducted his pre-test media conference earlier in the day.’
Oh well someone was going to end up contacting covid. Many more will test positive likely. They were silly enough to get rid of the other 5 guys. They should have ideally kept them in the squad.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Wouldn't be surprised if they stick with Ajaz. Latham will likely bowl him a lot more too.

Oh well someone was going to end up contacting covid. Many more will test positive likely. They were silly enough to get rid of the other 5 guys. They should have ideally kept them in the squad.
Rutherford has returned to the squad. I guess Duffy & Ravindra are still in the UK if they need more back ups.

nzfan

Wouldn't be surprised if they stick with Ajaz. Latham will likely bowl him a lot more too.

Rutherford has returned to the squad. I guess Duffy & Ravindra are still in the UK if they need more back ups.
Wonder what Tickener is up to. I think by the time we finish the series we will have to send some more replacements or they will have to use Seifert and Phillips.

Don't mind Rutherford but I think they have clearly made a scapegoat of Ravindra for the home loss vs Bangladesh. Meanwhile the more experienced players that were supposed to perform have been very inconsistent and likely cause for the recent losses. Just confirms this management has no clear future proofing or ability to take bold decisions.

Does that put spanner in the works of Bracewell's test aspirations on this tour?

nzfan

I won't lie I think I have likely lost 50% of interest in this series already with Kane out. Kane is a big attraction and puts bums on the seat. Hugely disappointing this. Kane in a bad form is better than some of the other players in good form.

The only upside if you call that is Latham will likely bowl Ajaz more than 2 overs if he plays.

nzfan

Rutherford's recent form.... :( Mostly in t20s but still. 117 runs in 9 hits so far in UK. Wonder who's making the decisions for black caps. It's definitely not Kane, it must be Larsen and Stead.

1654817213821.png

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Williamson does worry me - I know this is COVID related and a bit different - but it is becoming a bit chronic that he can't string a run of games together, and I think that's reflecting in how he's performing. I used to think that given he's technique-led rather than eye-led, that he should be able to go on until his late 30s, but I'm now strongly doubting that.

Chubb

International Regular
Hoping this opens up a place for Nathan Smith to make the long-prophesied debut at some point on the tour.

I admit when the captain of our second grade side first said Nathan would play for NZ I was skeptical. This was Oamaru! This was the second grade! Being good here doesn't mean much. I was a good batsman in that grade. But by the end of the season I believed it.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Rutherford's recent form.... :( Mostly in t20s but still. 117 runs in 9 hits so far in UK. Wonder who's making the decisions for black caps. It's definitely not Kane, it must be Larsen and Stead.

View attachment 31989
He (Ruds) got the 3rd most runs in the Plunket Shield behind Tom Bruce and Nick Kelly.

Rutherford, Latham, Young, Conway, Nicholls, Mitchell, Blundell plus 4 bowlers