• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He's ducking
I mean, it's horrendously harsh to complain about someone getting COVID, but this is 5 times now.
India 2016 - missed second test due to stomach illness
Australia 2019 - missed third test due to cold/flu
England 2021 - not an illness but missed second test due to elbow
India 2021 - elbow again, missed second test
England 2022 - misses second test due to COVID

I diagnose* a weak microbiome and the only thing for it is a stool transplant, sorry Kane.

* qualifications from University of Cricketweb

Edited

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Rutherford's recent form.... :( Mostly in t20s but still. 117 runs in 9 hits so far in UK. Wonder who's making the decisions for black caps. It's definitely not Kane, it must be Larsen and Stead.

View attachment 31989
Actually putting in an opener (even if it is Spudderford) does 'solve' that much commented issue regarding Young opening.
I think Rutherford's dodgy slashy technique is especially unsuited to opening in England.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean, it's horrendously harsh to complain about someone getting COVID, but this is 4 (or 5?) times now.
India 2021 - not an illness but missed second test due to elbow

I diagnose* a weak microbiome and the only thing for it is a stool transplant, sorry Kane.

Somebody post his scores in the preceding test, I want to see if this ducking theory has any legs.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rutherford's recent form.... :( Mostly in t20s but still. 117 runs in 9 hits so far in UK. Wonder who's making the decisions for black caps. It's definitely not Kane, it must be Larsen and Stead.
Picking him saves money on flights though

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
You guys are thinking Kane is ducking out :laugh: Contrary to the popular belief, I think he places test cricket at the top of his agenda. At least that's what I've heard in the circles.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
‘By Andrew Alderson at Trent Bridge

Matt Henry could earn a Black Caps recall for the second cricket test against England at Nottingham tonight.’

Xix2565

International Debutant
Somebody post his scores in the preceding test, I want to see if this ducking theory has any legs.
India 2016 - 1st Test 75 (137) & 25 (59), missed 2nd Test, 3rd Test 8 (25) & 27 (33) (India won series 3-0)
Australia 2019 - 1st Test 34 (70) & 14 (8), 2nd Test 9 (14) & 0 (9), missed 3rd Test (Australia won series 3-0)
England 2021 - 1st Test 13 (33) & 1 (19), missed 2nd Test (New Zealand won series 1-0)
India 2021 - 1st Test 18 (64) & 24 (112), missed 2nd Test (India won series 1-0)
England 2022 - 1st Test 2 (22) & 15 (34), will miss 2nd Test (England lead series 1-0)

I don't know about ducking but things have been tough for him on some away tours recently. I don't know about including India 2016 though, that was 6 years ago to be fair.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Seems like he needs a proper rest instead of coming back into the side when nearly fit. Like i know COVID is different but the elbow issue, and being run down contributes to picking up flu and such.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
No good for Kane's away average, that

Latham
Young
Conway
Nicholls
Mitchell
Blundell
Macewell
Jamieson
Southee
Henry
Boult

I guess. Not an inspiring side.
I really want Fletcher to play somehow but I think you're right

Alternatively with Nicholls coming back they may just bump Conway up to 3

Daemon

I mean, it's horrendously harsh to complain about someone getting COVID, but this is 5 times now.
England 2021 - not an illness but missed second test due to elbow
India 2021 - elbow again, missed second test

Edited
It is a well known fact that Kane has a weak Kolon

TheJediBrah

Maybe he doesn't like touring and gets a bit homesick like Trescothick did, hence poorer performances and missing games