• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Shady Slim

International Coach
A) that's team average
B) why doesn't this apply at the other grounds then?

PlayersSpanMatInnsNORunsHSAveDescending
Old Trafford, Manchester2017-20205547191921140.82
Edgbaston, Birmingham2017-20214424132224334.78
The Rose Bowl, Southampton2018-20215535139226729.00
Kennington Oval, London2017-20214444109311227.32
Trent Bridge, Nottingham2017-202133338039726.76
Lord's, London2017-20229999198320022.03
Headingley, Leeds2017-2021444464410016.10

i reckon your sample size of nine matches being only eighteen innings opening on day one is too small to draw any inferences i have an economics degree

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i reckon your sample size of nine matches being only eighteen innings opening on day one is too small to draw any inferences i have an economics degree
At this point we veer into the point where I have no idea of you're serious or sarcastic. That's the population with have to work with, and it shows as @Skyliner highlighted that Stead's comment was disingenuous given the ground's history.

Not sure why you'd advertise that you have an economics degree. I'd consider it a big negative point.

Shady Slim

International Coach
At this point we veer into the point where I have no idea of you're serious or sarcastic. That's the population with have to work with, and it shows as @Skyliner highlighted that Stead's comment was disingenuous given the ground's history.

Not sure why you'd advertise that you have an economics degree. I'd consider it a big negative point.
(i'm using the sarcasm to deflect from the fact i've been owned instead of admitting you were right fwiw)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Report is that he has been doing light training already and has been medically cleared to play the Test. It does seem uncomfortably soon to me.
AFAIK it's considered safe as long as he doesn't have any symptoms any more. At this stage they're probably relying on Leach to self-report symptoms, which isn't ideal. But technically that's always going to be the case, so I guess they just have to let him play after a week or so.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In footy I was told it’s mandatory two weeks after a concussion. I’d kind of expect cricket to be at least as strict. But then what I was told could have been bollocks