• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder what the odds would have been at the start of the year that either Rutherford or Bracewell were going to play a test in England.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Both captains and both coaches have all played for the same provincial side - Canterbury (McCullum had a few years there before heading back to Otago and Stokes played for them a few years ago). Is this a first in test cricket?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sigh must you do this

Anw it’s not any of that. Mans just got weak gut.
Piss poor posting from TJB, don't mind his normal trolling, as long as no-one takes him seriously, but a "bit homesick" for a clinical psychiatric condition, is pretty much the pits.
eh I must have missed something here . . . definitely wasn't intended to be having a crack at him or suggesting that he has a psychiatric condition or that such conditions are to made fun of

Flem274*

123/5
He's been missing tests full stop. It's why Young almost debuted (terrorist attack stopped that), I think Redmond got a one off because Kane was injured and ofc entire last summer.

Chubb

International Regular
eh I must have missed something here . . . definitely wasn't intended to be having a crack at him or suggesting that he has a psychiatric condition or that such conditions are to made fun of
There has been a recent pattern of downplaying the seriousness of mental illnesses on the forum so I think people, myself included, are a bit sensitive to this. A thread was shut down not long ago for suggesting Jonathan Trott was a "weak beta" because he had depression. I know you didn't mean anything by it but that's why people reacted.

TheJediBrah

There has been a recent pattern of downplaying the seriousness of mental illnesses on the forum so I think people, myself included, are a bit sensitive to this. A thread was shut down not long ago for suggesting Jonathan Trott was a "weak beta" because he had depression. I know you didn't mean anything by it but that's why people reacted.
Yeah I'm well aware. Even it I did think that, I wouldn't say come out and say it. If it isn't just peak 2022 though to misunderstand someone on the internet and then gang up on about what a terrible person they are

I am a terrible person but prefer to be reminded of it when I deserve it

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I'm well aware. Even it I did think that, I wouldn't say come out and say it. If it isn't just peak 2022 though to misunderstand someone on the internet and then gang up on about what a terrible person they are

I am a terrible person but prefer to be reminded of it when I deserve it
EEk, what an horrid non-apology, making themselves the victim of a pile-on, after insensitive behaviour. Now that is peak 2022. Trescothick suffered from mental illness, hence why he missed tour, my ire had nothing to do with other threads, just thought it was a crass statement, because it was.

TheJediBrah

EEk, what an horrid non-apology, making themselves the victim of a pile-on, after insensitive behaviour. Now that is peak 2022. Trescothick suffered from mental illness, hence why he missed tour, my ire had nothing to do with other threads, just thought it was a crass statement, because it was.
No this is **** from you, even carrying on with this after I've clearly explained that was not my intention. Maybe I'm not as familiar with these stories as you but that doesn't give you the right to be an insufferable **** when I don't deserve it.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
He's been missing tests full stop. It's why Young almost debuted (terrorist attack stopped that), I think Redmond got a one off because Kane was injured and ofc entire last summer.
Yeah, don’t know if you can file COVID related absence under this but this sort of thing must chip away at your love for the game, and of course doesn’t help the side.

Getting reminders of when I just started following cricket and in the last few years of his career M.Crowe would always be around the side but rarely actually make it out onto the park. Let’s just hope KW is able to get back to his best at some point. Anyway, chance for Latham to rack up further captaincy experience.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
‘NZ Cricket is set to announce later this month that the Black Caps will play four home tests in the 2023 summer, two against Sri Lanka and two versus England.

India will also tour before the end of the year to play three one-day internationals and three Twenty20 matches.’

ataraxia

International Coach
“I think what Greg [Barclay] was saying is with things getting more congested is that there is now going to be an annual ICC event."
“The number of test matches we’re going to play is not going to reduce at all.”
-- David White

Minor relief around the two 60-year-olds, but I think what the (lesser?) evil in White is saying is that there will be one 3-test series and three 2-test series a year. I'm not sure if that one's a relief or not.

Jezroy

State Captain
“I think what Greg [Barclay] was saying is with things getting more congested is that there is now going to be an annual ICC event."
“The number of test matches we’re going to play is not going to reduce at all.”
-- David White

Minor relief around the two 60-year-olds, but I think what the (lesser?) evil in White is saying is that there will be one 3-test series and three 2-test series a year. I'm not sure if that one's a relief or not.
I wonder where he expects the 3 test series from, as he doesn’t seem keen for it to be in NZ.

I’d love to see us sitting at 12 tests per year, but pretty sure that won’t happen when a lot of our commitments will continue to be with Bangladesh, WI, and SL.

Pakistan vs NZ for a 3 test series in NZ would be a pretty good match up at the moment.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, what you’re missing is that he did actually from a clinical mental illness. So if you were to suggest that you’d be correct.

Hence why minimising it as ‘a bit homesick’ has drawn ire. So probably best not to comment on these things if you’re not informed