• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Parkinson bowls sooo slowly. Bit of a throwback. He looks like he’s ripping it but it’s doing nothing off the pitch.

Aritro

International Regular
I don't know if he's good or ****e, but I admire that he gets drift and gives it some air. So far he's bowled at least one bad ball every over though, and it might be hard to get good batsmen out when they have time to check their phones between release and contact with the bat.

EDIT: No longer convinced he gives it that much air.

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
Parkinson bowls sooo slowly. Bit of a throwback. He looks like he’s ripping it but it’s doing nothing off the pitch.
Athers saying he bowls it out the front of the hand added some context. Bit of a topspinning effect.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Very nice partnership, gotta give it to Mitchell he's looked awful at times but he's dug in there and started to look more fluent. Likewise Blundell. Still need at least another 100 I think.

Woodster

International Captain
There’s such a small margin for error for Parkinson bowling at that pace, actually thought he’d quickened up a bit lately but doesn’t seem to be the case. Obviously have nerves and while there’s been a few easily put away he’ll be feeling better for that spell.

Woodster

International Captain
Dangerous partnership this aswell, need an early breakthrough in this evening session, it won’t take too much more to take this Test away from us.

Aritro

International Regular
Stokes bowling 12 consecutive short ones wasn't very smart bowling even though it nearly came off. If you do that, they'll already have their weight back early ready to get on the pull shot. Surely you have to bowl a fuller one in each over to keep them guessing whether to come forward or back, and try and trap them with a yorker at least once.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Having missed the first morning yesterday and been shocked by all the wickets I'd missed, it somehow feels weird having missed most of the afternoon's play today and returned home to find the same pair batting.