• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2007 NRL Thread

readie

State Regular
Manly wont make the GF, too many injuries at the wrong part of the season.
Souths have got them covered this week in any case haha, nah it'll be a good game at least thats for sure, brent kite is a minor blow which will make it even harder for them especially considering its likely to be in the wet at least i hope so:) if Peach was in the side instead of hegarty i would be mega confident of a souths win but you can never be confident of souths when hes there haha

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fantastic Game, brilliant stuff from all but, dare i say it, the ref. Bowens try saving tackle on El Maseri with about 5/6 minutes to go was awesome and won the match for the Cowboys. Who would've thought that the only difference would be a Hasem missed conversion...(tbf it was from hard on the sideline)

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
After what has happened this weekend (Warriors lose to Eels; Bulldogs lose to Cowboys) is it still possible for the warriors to make it through? Does it hinge on the result of the rest of the games?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
bunnys getting some bd decisions go against them. that late hit on orford was just crap and then manly score 2 sets later ****s me........why cant the video ref jump in and say na mate that was all good........all this technology and they still get it all wrong.....

and i can not stand manly!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe Melbourne didn't score 50 plus, that Broncos side is so crap. One of the worst sides ever to make the finals IMO. Nah seriously thats one of the biggest problems with 1 v 8, so often they get a smashed. I don't think a side that finished 8th has made it past the first round ever.

Cowboys v Warriors and Parramatta v Bulldogs next week. Should be interesting to see where they play Cowboys v Warriors. I won't be surprised if they play it in Auckland after Cowboys got gifted a home semi a couple years back against Brisbane. Really the NRL wouldn't be stupid not to bank on the improving support of the Warriors in NZ. Could be a massive shot in the arm for International Rugby League as well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fantastic Game, brilliant stuff from all but, dare i say it, the ref. Bowens try saving tackle on El Maseri with about 5/6 minutes to go was awesome and won the match for the Cowboys. Who would've thought that the only difference would be a Hasem missed conversion...(tbf it was from hard on the sideline)
I reckon the Dogs just dont have enough pace any more.

Folkes thinks it's still 1985 with a great forward pack and a back line which makes up numbers.

In the fair dinkum department, any one fast enough to play NRL on the wing should have scored from the position El Masri was in, given the start he had on the cover.

Should be a ball tearer this weekend with Parra v Dogs at Telstra. Parra must hold them int he forwards - -if they do, their backs will do a number on them. If they don't, it will be the Dogs who earn the right to go to Melbourne and be horsehwipped by the Drizzle (it never Storms in Melbourne) in front of 16,000 fans who thought they had bought tickets to a Collingwood training session.

howardj

International Coach
Should be a ball tearer this weekend with Parra v Dogs at Telstra. Parra must hold them int he forwards - -if they do, their backs will do a number on them. If they don't, it will be the Dogs who earn the right to go to Melbourne and be horsehwipped by the Drizzle (it never Storms in Melbourne) in front of 16,000 fans who thought they had bought tickets to a Collingwood training session.
Mate, she'll be an absolute cruncher of a match. More hits than a Paris Hilton website. Can't wait to see Sonny Bill back in action too.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
parra dogs is definately the pick of the round as both teams always lift when they play each other and with do or die attitude it will be fiesty....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking for a few of those "yeah it was late and high on Smith as he kicked the ball, but like SBW I'll just get 3 days for each elbow I used" kind of tackles from the Dogs.

I'm a Parra fan so my bias is obvious, but I will say that I think they can win if they control the ball because they have so much more skill and speed in their backs than the Dogs do. none of that will help. however, if their forwards get bashed, but I think with Cayless, Hindy and Fui they can hold them.

Does anyone know if Cannings is injured or just not required? I would have thought he'd be better value than Cordoba off the bench.

Johnners

I can't believe Melbourne didn't score 50 plus, that Broncos side is so crap. One of the worst sides ever to make the finals IMO. Nah seriously thats one of the biggest problems with 1 v 8, so often they get a smashed. I don't think a side that finished 8th has made it past the first round ever.

Cowboys v Warriors and Parramatta v Bulldogs next week. Should be interesting to see where they play Cowboys v Warriors. I won't be surprised if they play it in Auckland after Cowboys got gifted a home semi a couple years back against Brisbane. Really the NRL wouldn't be stupid not to bank on the improving support of the Warriors in NZ. Could be a massive shot in the arm for International Rugby League as well.
But why when the Cowboys not only won their game, but they are also the higher placed team. In the Cowboys/Broncos situation, whilst the Cowboys weren't the higher placed team, they had won their previous game against the Dogs (i think?), unlike the Broncos who had a home semi against Melbourne and lost.

8 has never beaten 1 either.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
But why when the Cowboys not only won their game, but they are also the higher placed team. In the Cowboys/Broncos situation, whilst the Cowboys weren't the higher placed team, they had won their previous game against the Dogs (i think?), unlike the Broncos who had a home semi against Melbourne and lost.

8 has never beaten 1 either.
Techincally it doesn't matter who won or lost, or who was the higher ranked side. The SFS and Telstra have a contract with the NRL stating they require 'x' number of finals games. So all home finals are meant to be played on Sydney after week one unless both sides are interstate sides. If they are both interstate sides, then the NRL decides. It doesn't matter about ranking and stuff.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Was surprised from the start when the NRL adopted the McIntyre finals 8 system, seeing as the AFL had already gotten rid of that. Although maybe it leaves the NRL with enough jurisdiction to be able to move games where they like.

Mister Wright

Techincally it doesn't matter who won or lost, or who was the higher ranked side. The SFS and Telstra have a contract with the NRL stating they require 'x' number of finals games. So all home finals are meant to be played on Sydney after week one unless both sides are interstate sides. If they are both interstate sides, then the NRL decides. It doesn't matter about ranking and stuff.
Gallop said that ruling was changed this year to include the 2nd week if an out-of-Sydney side were entitled to a home game they could have it at their home ground.