• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

AVA

First Class Debutant
This is one of those “control the ball and win in a hand canter”‘games for parra, so they’re giving me heart attacks by being profligate.

halves at least look a lot sharper together
I thought our attack was miserable from the start. Asi had nothing

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And I don’t blame him tbh. I used to say to the kids I coached the worst insult I could ever give them was telling them they weren’t having a go. And there’s plenty of blokes in that side who aren’t having a dig. It’s embarrassing for professional sportsmen.

AVA

First Class Debutant
And I don’t blame him tbh. I used to say to the kids I coached the worst insult I could ever give them was telling them they weren’t having a go. And there’s plenty of blokes in that side who aren’t having a dig. It’s embarrassing for professional sportsmen.
I agree, but also I'll believe it when I see it. If he isn't dropping players/can't get them up for a match it's just as much on him this far into his Eels career. It's a problem that's been around for a long time now and nothing appears to change.

ashley bach

International Captain
Still find this quite hard to comprehend. Check out the try right on half-time at about 2.25.
Saab releases the ball on the 30 and Turbo coming through takes it on about the 25.
Amazingly the ref was right in line with it and didn't flinch. Questions to answer.

Tart

U19 Debutant
Still find this quite hard to comprehend. Check out the try right on half-time at about 2.25.
Saab releases the ball on the 30 and Turbo coming through takes it on about the 25.
Amazingly the ref was right in line with it and didn't flinch. Questions to answer.

I’m sure it’s my bias showing but there was a bunch of dodgy calls last night.
still ****s me so much that the bunker can’t rule that pass was forward, but the can rule on a knock on that the ball traveled forward.

AVA

First Class Debutant

Tbf with momentum you would expect that. Saab also ends up at around the 25 metre mark so unless he accelerated, the ball should carry the same momentum right (genuine question, I despise physics)? I definitely think it was slightly forward but it wasn't a missed 5 metre forward pass.

ashley bach

International Captain
Tbf with momentum you would expect that. Saab also ends up at around the 25 metre mark so unless he accelerated, the ball should carry the same momentum right (genuine question, I despise physics)? I definitely think it was slightly forward but it wasn't a missed 5 metre forward pass.
Does it matter where Saab ends up? Thought the only relevance was where he passed it from.
Anyway hopefully the day comes where the ref can check with with the bunker for a forward pass that leads to a try.

AVA

First Class Debutant
Does it matter where Saab ends up? Thought the only relevance was where he passed it from.
Anyway hopefully the day comes where the ref can check with with the bunker for a forward pass that leads to a try.
It doesn't matter where he ends up as such, but if he ends up 5 metres ahead of where he threw the pass, the ball would theoretically float that same amount through the air even if passed back and is 'travelling backwards'. Which is why the bunker doesn't call on forward passes because it ends up being much more confusing than most other calls.

Tart

U19 Debutant
It doesn't matter where he ends up as such, but if he ends up 5 metres ahead of where he threw the pass, the ball would theoretically float that same amount through the air even if passed back and is 'travelling backwards'. Which is why the bunker doesn't call on forward passes because it ends up being much more confusing than most other calls.
The thing that’s ****ed though is if that ball went to ground and not to hand, they would call it a knock on and are able to use the bunker to confirm.

AVA

First Class Debutant
The thing that’s ****ed though is if that ball went to ground and not to hand, they would call it a knock on and are able to use the bunker to confirm.
Unless I'm mistaken, they can't do that for a proper pass and only a tap on right? Obviously they do blur those lines where they can, but I can't recall a legitimate pass being called up, could be wrong though.
I also kind of understand their logic there as well, it's much easier to determine direction out of the hand if your hitting the ball compared to passing it, and often there is much less momentum to figure into the equation as well. Dumb, but in a kind of logical way.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean if the guy passes on the 40 and runs to the 30 and the ball hits the ground at the 30 they’d call it a knock on, would they not?

Tart

U19 Debutant
Unless I'm mistaken, they can't do that for a proper pass and only a tap on right? Obviously they do blur those lines where they can, but I can't recall a legitimate pass being called up, could be wrong though.
I also kind of understand their logic there as well, it's much easier to determine direction out of the hand if your hitting the ball compared to passing it, and often there is much less momentum to figure into the equation as well. Dumb, but in a kind of logical way.
Now I'm questioning myself.
I think if a tap on goes to hand they can rule on it because it's rules a knock on rather than a forward pass.

But I'm pretty sure a forward pass that goes to ground is also a knock on,
I guess unless they call it as forward before it hits ground or hand

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now I'm questioning myself.
I think if a tap on goes to hand they can rule on it because it's rules a knock on rather than a forward pass.

But I'm pretty sure a forward pass that goes to ground is also a knock on,
I guess unless they call it as forward before it hits ground or hand
After years of watching the NRL, I am pretty sure that they make it up as they go along