• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dragons fans were going over the top after last week’s victory

Good to see normal programming resuming

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think it's if they are binned and/or if they lose 2 players to HIA in a match.
It needs to be addressed though and you get an auto sub for it, even if that means you carry an extended bench of players who are on;y HIA replacements. And it can be done because it's an NRL doc who rules players out, so there shouldn't be any argument over a club rorting it like Manly used to back in the 90s. I remember they had a player (maybe Cliff Lyons) going off unable to walk on his right leg and th trainer tapping his head so they could use what used to be the old "head bin" and get a free sub.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Wtf?

I’m a Souths fan and he should have been punished (not to mention traded for something of value 🙏)

Yeah, Abdo got this dead wrong. Surely you want as much coverage as possible?
Long road trip the other day spent listening to league talk back

Virtually every caller plus the hosts wanted him punished

Guy is a great talent (as opposed to player) but he’s a dickhead

I really don’t enjoy watching the Wabbits play with him there as he (& others) is a fwit
Eh. He is a renowned dickhead and probs should be fined. But swearing is overrated as being offensive. Let em all talk **** in interviews for all I care. If they don’t want to be seen as a role model or whatever that’s their choice but I like players being able to express their viewpoints and their actual personalities.

(note: as of now haven’t watched actual interview)

edit: after watching my opinion hasn’t changed

Last edited:

Julian87

State Captain
I think it's only if they're binned or sent off?
I can’t believe they haven’t implemented foul play forcing a player off the field = the inflicting player also has to leave the field. They keep 13 but that player has to leave, no free interchange and they’re on the bench in a red bib until the injured player passes an HIA.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eh. He is a renowned dickhead and probs should be fined. But swearing is overrated as being offensive. Let em all talk **** in interviews for all I care. If they don’t want to be seen as a role model or whatever that’s their choice but I like players being able to express their viewpoints and their actual personalities.

(note: as of now haven’t watched actual interview)

edit: after watching my opinion hasn’t changed
If you watched the interview then you’ll know it was premeditated and a response to the Leniu suspension which he felt inadequate

It was basically giving the finger to the NRL who bent over in response

I don’t understand the leeway given to Mitchell as he isn’t that good but the NRL seems petrified of him playing the race card if they treat him similarly to other players

ashley bach

International Captain
Starting to really dislike this new penalty rule that goes against the offensive team on tackle one. Must of seen it on five occasions.
Nothing appears to be going down and then out of nowhere PING

Julian87

State Captain
Penrith could win this game quite convincingly imo.

Brisbane without Haas (and Flegler) have a real pop gun front row. And they don’t have Reynolds there to take the pressure off with his kicking game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Penrith strolling up the park for 55 metres on the first set is not a good sign for Brisbane.

I hope they have 50 out on them