• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Offical*** English Football Season 2004/05

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Personally I think Drogba is massively over-priced for somebody who has only had one good season, and in all due respect the French Ligue 1 is hardly that great in terms of standard.

And Mutu is still a Chelsea player.
Drogba has been earmarked as a future top player for a few years, hes worth every penny Chelsea paid for him, with Kezman being one of my favourite players i hope he does well.....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
He was.

But he did make some glarring omissions like a certain Welsh footballer (who passed away this year) who is considered a legend at Leeds, Juventus, and Roma, and yet can't make it in.
Because he's not living?

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
Drogba has been earmarked as a future top player for a few years, hes worth every penny Chelsea paid for him, with Kezman being one of my favourite players i hope he does well.....
IMO he is worth £10-15 considering he has had one good season (not great) in what was hardly one of Europe's top leagues.

If Kezman can get his head then he should go well.

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
LOL if they put a team out with

P Neville, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, 'Glen' Eagles, Forlan, Bellion in it eveery week you never know!
Well he won't. My verdict:

P Neville: Is there actually a reason why he keeps getting picked for England?
Djemba-Djemba: Squad man.
Eagles: Never seen him play so I can't comment
Forlan: A lot better play then what he is given credit for and IMO does cop some unfair critism. He is a confidence player, and if he can play 80-90 minutes week in and week out then he will play well which was demonstarted at one point last season.
Kleberson: See Djemba-Djemba.
Bellion: IMO he has some potential and is pretty quick. Would benefit from a season on loan to get some more first team experience.

Simon

very nice descriptions, but is that a team capable of winning the EPL this season?!?!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Bellion: IMO he has some potential and is pretty quick. Would benefit from a season on loan to get some more first team experience.
He can run fast..that's it

If he was any good do you think he would have scored 1 in 31 appearances for sunderland or whatever it was?

Mind you i wont be too displeased if he gets 20 games this season

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
very nice descriptions, but is that a team capable of winning the EPL this season?!?!
Did I ever say it was?

I was giving my opinion on their abilities.

Simon

Craig said:
Did I ever say it was?

I was giving my opinion on their abilities.
did i ever say u did?

i was just questioning you as to ur opinion seeing as though you have found positives in the fringe players, most of whom are quite frankly not up to standard at the moment...

Craig

World Traveller
I never actually found any positives in Phil Nevile and asked why is he keep getting picked for England, then again I do ask that about Gary Neville, Emile Heskey, David James.

Simon

Gary Neville is solid, Phil is rank, Heskey very rank, James, well hes the best of a bad bunch.....

Tom Halsey

International Coach
superkingdave said:
Open your eyes mate, you'll be lucky to finish 2nd this year.

Whats this 'interesting to note that we were better than them last year'? You been listening to Taggart's Bull S*** again? What does a 15 point gap mean to you?
It means that before Ferdinand got banned, we were ahead of them. It was our defensive record after he was banned that cost us.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
superkingdave said:
And a few single barrelled ones

Kleberson
Forlan
Bellion
Kleberson - World Cup winner, looked good actually to me last year.
Forlan - Agreed partly, but his job isn't really to be a goalscorer anyway - it's to set them up.
Bellion - Bought for the future.

I repeat, no-one expected us to win it in '96, '99, etc., you can never write United off, ask Mr Hansen.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
broncoman said:
Is Ar$ehole's, if they sell Viera?

Is Chelsea's? They need time to gel.

Anyway, I don't think anyone in their right mind would put out all of those, apart from in the League Cup.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
Kleberson - World Cup winner, looked good actually to me last year.
I'd book an appointment with specsavers then
Forlan - Agreed partly, but his job isn't really to be a goalscorer anyway - it's to set them up.
Really? That's a new one on me!
Bellion - Bought for the future.
Some future you'll have if Bellions part of it!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
superkingdave said:
Yes, IMO Arsenal should still win the league without Viera, he is in no way as influential as he was 2 years ago.
They look shaky at the back to me, and Henry isn't as good as people make out.

Granted, we arent amazing at the back without Ferdinand, but before he was banned last year we had the best defensive record - so when he's back, I'd watch out for us.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
You all seem to forget that Smith is there as a forward and the injured players bar Solskjaer aren't going to be out for very long.Kleberson has some potential but I wouldn't put my money on Djemba-Djemba and Bellion.Once the entire first team is injury-free and back from suspension Man Utd could well be there at the top come the end.Vieira still has his influence same as Roy Keane.That's why they're still captains.