• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Offical*** English Football Season 2004/05

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
They've got that Flamini who's meant to be the next Viera anyway, they look pretty sweet for this season even without viera, but we all know how misleading the charity shield is - only once in the last 10 seasons has the team that won the charity shield won the premiership!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
That team was Man Utd.I'm picking them to win the league this season.The Community Shiled match wasn't a real reflection of the first team with at least 9 injuries and 2 of the guys in the Olympics and 1 on suspension.If they get everybody clicking and Forlan somehow finds a way to score we could be looking at a double.Chelsea might have some unhappy players.Not sure about Arsenal.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
That team was Man Utd.I'm picking them to win the league this season.The Community Shiled match wasn't a real reflection of the first team with at least 9 injuries and 2 of the guys in the Olympics and 1 on suspension.If they get everybody clicking and Forlan somehow finds a way to score we could be looking at a double.Chelsea might have some unhappy players.Not sure about Arsenal.
now thats optimisim for ya!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
roseboy64 said:
Yes, and if Les Afful finally learns about end products after beating three defenders then we'll win the FA Cup.

I'm more confident then I ever have been that United won't win the Premiership this season - they just don't have the same class of players that Arsenal or Chelsea. Third, easily ahead of Liverpool and Newcastle, but they may just play a slightly stronger side than usual in the Carling Cup this year...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Yes, and if Les Afful finally learns about end products after beating three defenders then we'll win the FA Cup.
Nah, No one will beat the mighty Wigan Athletic. Up for the treble this season!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
If Kezman gets less reds then goals this season Chelsea will go well. Is Mutu still there? With Drogba and Eider you guys don't need him (like crespo).

Leeds to notch their second win tonight :D

Piper

International Captain
thewizard1o1 said:
If Kezman gets less reds then goals this season Chelsea will go well. Is Mutu still there? With Drogba and Eider you guys don't need him (like crespo).

Leeds to notch their second win tonight :D
No Mutu is on a year loan

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:

I'm more confident then I ever have been that United won't win the Premiership this season - they just don't have the same class of players that Arsenal or Chelsea. Third, easily ahead of Liverpool and Newcastle, but they may just play a slightly stronger side than usual in the Carling Cup this year...
What a load of bull. (:p)

United are about on a par with Ar$ehole (with a full strength team - interesting to note that with a full strength team last year we were ahead of them) and Chelsea need to gel. I'm pretty confident of us doing well this year (once Rio's back).

An interesting stat tell us that the team winning the CS hasn't gone on to win the Oremiership for something stupid like 9 years...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
No, he's still at Chelsea.

I think he could be their best forward this season actually.
No, unless Sky has made a huge blunder (not impossible) he's on a years loan.