• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Offical*** English Football Season 2004/05

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith has a very poor goal scoring record and apart from Giggs man utd dont really have a guy that supply him with good quality ball week in week out. Ruud is a poacher, he can create his own luck and score goals, while i think Smith needs someone to assist him every time.

Chelsea will win it, every year they are going to say, "timw to gel" but sooner rather than later, its just going to click, and i think 2004/05 is time...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
If I were you, I'd book an appointment with specsavers too then, as he's a forward in the Sheringham mould. :p
Don't insult Sheringham, i've never seen any indication from Forlans performance that suggest he is 'in the sherigham mould' he's just a forward who hasn't performed.

Simon

how will liverpool go without Owen i wonder, i tipped em to come 3rd, but now im not so sure....

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Losing Owen could be detrimental to Liverpool's cause.Baros only really impressed at Euro 2004.You can't be too sure he's going to be somewhere near that form and it'd be good to have somebody proven there instead of having to go out and spend.

Cloete

International Captain
TBH I don't think it's too much of a problem! Sinoma Pongole, Milan Baros and Djibril Cisse is enough IMO. Then Smicer when he's back from injury, but Liverpool have signed Nunez to cover him anyway.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Smicer is and has been useless ever since Liverpool signed him and I don't expect that to change to much.

Xavier - in fairness to Baros he was never given a regular place in the Liverpool side so has had less chance to impress. That should change this season.

Also, who's to say that Cissé won't turn into another Diouf/Diao?

Timewell

U19 Debutant
I think Owen will be a big loss to Liverpool - although as a Man Utd fan I cannot say I care too much - they have very few experienced strikers now and their "Title" challenge, which is non-existent, is now well and truly sunk.

Simon

Cloete said:
TBH I don't think it's too much of a problem! Sinoma Pongole, Milan Baros and Djibril Cisse is enough IMO. Then Smicer when he's back from injury, but Liverpool have signed Nunez to cover him anyway.
Sinama Pongolle is still young, i dont think he can be expected to play first team football every wekk, Cisse is un tested in england and theres no guarantee he wont play as poorly as Postiga did for spurs, Baros is injury prone, i tipped em to come 3rd this year, but im not so sure now.....

they certainly need to buy another striker...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Owen's an experienced campaigner who's been proven.It's very foolhardy to place all your faith in the strikers when all of them are unproven or inexperienced.At least one proven forward is needed who you can count on.

Cloete

International Captain
Simon my Excel doesn't seem to be working. I just want to check my results, so if you could send me my tips in a different format that'd be good. I'm pretty sure I picked Cisse as a first goalscorer. Not sure how many results/scores i predicted though!

Craig

World Traveller
This is England's squad for their friendly v Ukraine:

Goalkeepers: James (Man City), Robinson (Tottenham), Kirkland (Liverpool);

Defenders: G Neville (Man Utd), G Johnson (Chelsea), A Cole (Arsenal), Bridge (Chelsea); Terry (Chelsea), King (Tottenham), Carragher (Liverpool), Upson (Birmingham);

Midfielders: Beckham (Real Madrid), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Dyer (Newcastle), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Butt (Newcastle), Wright-Phillips (Man City), Jenas (Newcastle);

Forwards: Owen (Real Madrid), Heskey (Birmingham), Vassell (Aston Villa), Defoe (Tottenham), Smith (Man Utd).

Finally Defoe and Wright-Phillips will get a chance to show how good (or possibly bad) they are.

I am starting to think Heskey is giving Eriksson a bribe or three to keep on picking him. Vassell is ok and he tries hard, but nothing special.