• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Offical*** English Football Season 2004/05

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
***Offical*** Premiership and Coca-Cola Leagues,Conference, FA and Carling cups

Well the season is back Community Sheild tomorrow and the Championship starts today with Leeds vs Derby.

If you're confused at the name changes this is how it works.

Division 1----Coca-Cola Championship
Division 2----Coca-Cola League 1
Division 3----Coca-Cola League 2

Arsenal will of course win every competition they can (Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield)

Leicester will win the Championship, Sheffield United and Millwall will be promoted with them.

Hull will win League 1, Darlington League 2 and Dagenham and Redbridge will do the Conference and FA Trophy double

Well that's what I think let's here your thoughts.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
If Arsenal win the League Cup it will be considered a small bonus but Arsene Wenger won't give a f*ck if they don't of course, it is merely curcimstanstial (sp) that they do. Maybe Villa, Bolton, or some mid-table club might care though.

If Patrick Vieira goes to Real, I am willing to bet favourly that John Terry or Roy Keane will be holding up the Premiership title next season.

I just want to know, is the LDV Vans is the League Cup for lower league clubs?

I think Exeter City might be within a shout of pushing promotion (and no Neil has not paid me).

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Darlo will be lucky to stay in the football league, let alone be promoted.

Arsenal will walk the Prem even without Viera IMO

I think Hull will trip up and only make the League 1 Playoffs (although i did back them in my accumulator)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<frink mode>

The re-packaging of the English game is getting ridiculous, with the perpetual renumbering of the divisions and the sponsor and the OH MY THEY'RE CHANGING THE NAME AGAIN (burhey)

</frink mode>

Where's it going to end? Next time a rocket's launched from Cape Canaveral er Cape Kennedy er sorry no I mean Cape Canaveral, the countdown's going to be along the following lines...

10...9...8...7...6...Conference...2...1...Championship...Premiership...Zero

Bah!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rumour has it that next season, League One will be renamed the Sinkingship..

Premiership: Chelsea
Championship: Leicester City
League One: Bristol City
League Two: Northampton
Conference: Exeter City [yes, really]
FA Cup: Man Utd
League Cup: Birmingham City
LDV: Hull City
FA Trophy: Burton Albion

Dagenham and Redbridge won't win anything - the squad remains pretty similar to the one that was embarrassed 9-0 (yes, 9-0) at home to Hereford last season, and there's as much chance of Man Citeh doing a league and cup double as there is of the Daggers.

We will be right up there next season with Hereford. I don't reckon Barnet are a threat and I really don't rate Morecambe. York will have a lot to do to acclimatise after last season and I think Carlisle will be over-confident. Aldershot are likely to be there or thereabouts, and Stevenage can't have another bad season. Canvey Island won't be far off either.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im tipping chelsea win the EPL, big improvers to be boro, spurs and rovers...

Simon

yeh Perth have a very good chance of winning the epl :huh:
they could win the ASL though, thats ive the are still known as the perth glory, and there actually is still an australian league!

ash chaulk

International Captain
lol the glory currently dont have a ground because they dont wanna pay for there rent of the ground or somethink like that lol

Simon

they dont have a ground because they dont have a team, theres actually no teams at the moment, the ASA are accepting applications for teams to come into the 8 team comp, perth are sure to get one, but under a different name is likely id say..

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
We (Arsenal) will win the EPL again. Easily with Viera, not so without him. Chelsea 2nd, Manure 3rd.

Im tipping us to take the FA Cup as well as the community shield.:D

Simon

Arsenal arent going to have it all there own way, Liverpool will be good i think, i just see the wheels falling off at arsenal...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Thats been said many times about us before and we've proved everyone wrong, so HA.

Besides, doesn't hurt to be optimistic eh?:)

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
After the good start for Leeds overnight (1-0 win over Derby), i'm feeling alot better about our chances to bounce back quickly.

Anyone know if the community shield is on SBS tonite?

Simon

its not listed, not even on fox, but im going to be keeping an eye out for it, 3pm start in wales isnt it, which means midnight here....

Craig

World Traveller
jamee999 said:
Well the season is back Community Sheild tomorrow and the Championship starts today with Leeds vs Derby.

If you're confused at the name changes this is how it works.

Division 1----Coca-Cola Championship
Division 2----Coca-Cola League 1
Division 3----Coca-Cola League 2

Arsenal will of course win every competition they can (Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield)

Leicester will win the Championship, Sheffield United and Millwall will be promoted with them.

Hull will win League 1, Darlington League 2 and Dagenham and Redbridge will do the Conference and FA Trophy double

Well that's what I think let's here your thoughts.
If the Blades don't go up this year then quite frankly they never will.

And I wouldn't put it past Sunderland, Wolves, West Ham, or Leeds going up in the play-offs.

Simon

i think Sunderland and West Ham will come up and maybe Wigan or Wolves through the play offs....