• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Ghost75

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Some interesting performances coming out of the Under 19s. All the players that went to the East Asia Pacific tournament are playing this week. Out of the top 10 runscorers after the first 4 rounds the only one who was in the team is Alex Thompson from Wellington. Tom Jones the Auckland captain scored almost 300 runs in the qualifiers but has only scored 43 at an ave of 10.75 this week. The bowlers from that team are faring a bit better with Hekmat, Cumming, Schroeder and Tsourgas all in the top 10 wicket takers.

Ghost75

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Anybody know much about Auckland’s Cullen-Hieatt? He’s having some tournament with 11 wickets @ an ave of 8.18, strike rate of 13.6 and economy rate of 3.6

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Anybody know much about Auckland’s Cullen-Hieatt? He’s having some tournament with 11 wickets @ an ave of 8.18, strike rate of 13.6 and economy rate of 3.6
Watched him last year on the u17s live stream. Very tall but had an action where he lost a lot of momentum in the delivery stride (small stride). Obviously, very fixable at these young ages.

Immenso

Some interesting performances coming out of the Under 19s. All the players that went to the East Asia Pacific tournament are playing this week. Out of the top 10 runscorers after the first 4 rounds the only one who was in the team is Alex Thompson from Wellington. Tom Jones the Auckland captain scored almost 300 runs in the qualifiers but has only scored 43 at an ave of 10.75 this week. The bowlers from that team are faring a bit better with Hekmat, Cumming, Schroeder and Tsourgas all in the top 10 wicket takers.
The performances in that East Asia Pacific tournament are fairly irrelevant as the standard was so low.
But the players picked were/are presumable the first choice thinking, probably based on last years U17s tournament.

There's been a series of inter-squad U19s been going on this spring in Lincoln, which probably gives an idea of the wider squad contenders and their form/performances against near-peer opposition:

Immenso

I wonder what has happened to C Paul? The only players of the U19s with senior provincial match experience. Playing neither Ford Trophy nor the U19 tournament.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
O'Rourke doing the business to the Wellington top order. Not too shabby. He's certainly looked in better form this season than, say, Sears. At least from what I've seen.
Is it just me or does Sears look like he's not bowling with much heat at the moment? To the eye he looks pretty gentle in comparison to Milne, and Milne is hardly express quick these days.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it just me or does Sears look like he's not bowling with much heat at the moment? To the eye he looks pretty gentle in comparison to Milne, and Milne is hardly express quick these days.
Tend to agree. Perhaps trying to manage the injury risk he has had in the past?

Three nice bowled wickets from Clarkson against Otago today. Stumps out of the ground always great to see!

Immenso

fyi, he is the tall Auckland bowler towards the end of this video. From last years U17 tournament.
Edit. No it's not. Totally different guy bowling with the wrong arm, lol.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Hampton seems to be having a decent season
It's a rite of passage for the journeyman who CW decides to hate at the start of the season, to start performing.

I think the big improvement has been his bowling. From what I've seen he's pretty sharp, accurate, threatening. Makes most ND sides as a bowler alone. And he's obviously shown how handy he is as a hitter this Ford Trophy. It's a fairly stunning step up for a 32-year-old pace-bowling all-rounder to make.